Hacking Suggestion Vita2sd like device for switch?

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to keep with emunand all the time... If they stop updating I will try to keep it as longer as I can, I don't want CFW on my 3DS neither I want it on my Switch ;)

If CFW moves to nand and TX keeps with emunand I would buy TX chip right away...

Unless we have cheap nands on eBay later to buy and we could flash it with a backup, in that case I would move to the nand, else if the nand dies the console dies with it...

And call me picky, but I have seen too much switches with dead\bad nands out there and someday there will only be the new revised switch and would be stuck waiting for new exploits...

Last edited by guily6669,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I edited the above post and added more info with the reason... Also I can add that I like to test everything, beta, alpha... Never know what will damage\brick\corrupt the nand at some point.

And the Switch nand to me doesn't also seem as rock solid as like PS4...

Edit: forgot to say while with emunand if the SD dies we just put a new one, put the backup nand in it and will be back alive, anything that damages data is just put backup and all is good.

Last edited by guily6669,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Isn't it a bit lazy? I mean, the devs have literally spent over a year at that point to create all this for you and you can't spend a few minutes to keep your emunands organised across a few sd cards?

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I guess that's why if TX brings nand on their chip or offer dual nand I wouldn't care to even pay 100eur for their chip even having almost no money... That's not even enough to buy 2 games here.

I will try using CFW and donate to SciresM, but if TX comes out with something really awesome, I will wait a bit and go with them later after everyone reports as being safe...

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
SD2Switch via the gamecart? That slot is encrypted like fuck! I see really no way except a hardware bypass for that to work.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess that's what we are talking... A simple pin to pin adapter won't do anything I'm almost sure of that...

It would have to be a hardware adapter with a bypassing chip inside, something similar to Gateway but probably way harder and not for hacking the console but to report as SD data inside emunand software...

When the 3ds carts other than GW started to appear there was lot of them some reporting to even have a more powerful Cpu inside the card that could run emulators faster or some crap like that lol.

Anyway if TX brings a nand inside I guess I will not need such adapter and use a CFW in TX nand and use console Micro Sd for games and keep hotswapping them a lot (that is off course if TX even brings a nand chip in It, no one knows yet ;)).

Timburpton

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not about being lazy or anything like that. Its about suggesting a possible area of investigation for any devs that might want to take this on.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is i think it would require not only devs but also someone with a lot of skills on hardware investigation/hacking.

However if SciresM could actually achieve it via software and just a pin to pin adapter I would love him even more :P

But I still think it will require a hardware adapter with the common magic smoke inside :)

PS: and being realistic sadly I think only maybe TX team could be one of the few that could invest such amount of time and money to create such a device, I don't think a simple person with no money will be able to make that happen...:( but we can still keep dreaming :).

p4rma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like something similar for Switch, I have 400gb card but this quickly gets used up. Would be nice to have another card.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I would like something similar for Switch, I have 400gb card but this quickly gets used up. Would be nice to have another card.
I have a 128GB card in mine, and struggled to fill it with the best games... How in the HELL... You just hoarding games or what?

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 128GB card in mine, and struggled to fill it with the best games... How in the HELL... You just hoarding games or what?
Some ppl just install all crap...

I have a friend like that, he has every PS4 free game installed and installs every PS Plus games even if its a stupid super bad game that he wont even play lol (he has 1TB internal + 4TB external)...

I have 2 TB in my PC and never fully filled it, though I'm always with around 500 GB left and have to delete games from time to time, most games I don't even bother installing and others specially Ubilolosoft games which are always the best and not booring at all :ph34r: I almost never finish them, doing the same half a dozen thing for hundreds of hours (not boring at all like booring since the first hour till the end:rofl2:) mehhh.

p4rma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some ppl just install all crap...

I have a friend like that, he has every PS4 free game installed and installs every PS Plus games even if its a stupid super bad game that he wont even play lol (he has 1TB internal + 4TB external)...

I have 2 TB in my PC and never fully filled it, though I'm always with around 500 GB left and have to delete games from time to time, most games I don't even bother installing and others specially Ubilolosoft games which are always the best and not booring at all :ph34r: I almost never finish them, doing the same half a dozen thing for hundreds of hours (not boring at all like booring since the first hour till the end:rofl2:) mehhh.

I'm a horder :'(

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It would be nice to see internal memory modules larger than 32gb though. I can't see it being much longer before we see these, already aftermarket memory modules are popping up in the regular places, and AFAIK the only hurdle is that memory size is in the telemetry but that isn't a big deal for those of us who don't go online, or are already banned.

oleg77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Why do so many people have to post those 'you don't need more than XX GB of data' ? They don't need it, we understand that. But someone else will use 128GB or more just for emulators and ROMs/ISOs. There are already switch games taking more than 20GB memory, and if you like RPGs and other big games, that's 10GB+ titles. So a 128GB (and even a 256GB) will be full rather fast if you use games from the eShop.
Don't tell others what they need, it's just your own opinion. Maybe you live in a country with unlimited and fast Internet, but others don't. Maybe you can buy physical titles (cartridges) easily, but others don't.
Personnaly I'd be happy to get additional memory, even if it comes from the USB type-C connector.

Last edited by oleg77,
Reactions: Cardellos

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)