Hardware Vita power and ps button issue

ratmandom

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Problem solved and I’m just posting for any future users that may have issues because I searched and searched and found nothing that helped.

I took vita apart, taking pics as I went so would know where all screws and pieces went back. I took the little circuit board off from left side and underneath it I found a puddle of liquid. The joystick sprung a leak. I’m guessing it’s some kind of lubrication to keep joystick rotating smoothly and for what ever reason it sprung a leak and the puddle of lube cause a short or something that affected my vita. After I cleaned it up and dried it, I put it back together and the power and ps button now function as they should. My ps button does not light up so I’m thinking maybe permanent damage to the led bulb or something, I really didn’t see a bulb in there so idk. And my joystick is garbage. In the hardware test app it registers as stuck in down position still so I will be replacing that.
Good luck to anyone who has similar issue as my buttons did work sometimes which was very confusing. If u read through my earlier post I explained it all.

@ShroomKing I bet you have been in some unexplained situations ? man I have been there... :huh:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM