Vita memory card suggestion

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by dizz00, Jul 17, 2017.

1. dizz00
    OP

dizz00 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 2, 2016
    Indonesia
    So I'm going to buy a vita and the memory card is included in the package(8-64gB). I am considering the 32 or 64 gb one, because i prefer to install the games on the console. I have a 3ds with 32gb and it's already full and because vita games is larger i think 64gb is more suited for my need, but i heard the 64gb one is known to fail is this still true? I browse some site that ask suggestions on this topic and most of them recommend the 64gb one so i think there is no issue with the card now. The price difference is only ~$20

Or is there an alternative with maybe external storage like ps3?

Sent from my Lenovo A7010a48 using Tapatalk

Last edited by dizz00, Jul 17, 2017
  2. TariqSoftDev

TariqSoftDev ~Zexceil

Sep 18, 2013
    London
    Buy a 1000 model 3G PS Vita and you'll be able to do a storage mod with either SD Card or USB of any size.(make sure it is firmware 3.60 or below and do not update, use "Henaku")

3. dizz00
    OP

dizz00 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 2, 2016
    Indonesia
    Afaik the mod is already sold out and there is no news for mass production. Is it easy to make it myself? I don't really know how.

4. SonyUSA

SonyUSA We're all mad here

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    SonyUSA is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 12, 2006
    United States
    I just ordered 40-50 and I'll see if anyone on here is interested in buying them. Are you in the US by any chance? :D

KiiWii likes this.
  5. dizz00
    OP

dizz00 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 2, 2016
    Indonesia
    Unfortunately not, is this the one that use 3g modem? Where do you order it?

6. SonyUSA

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    May 12, 2006
    United States
    Nono, they go in your gamecard slot, so they work on every vita. I just ordered the boards and sockets, I have to assemble them first then I will probably list them up here :)
    If you want to buy one pre-made, don't pay more than $10-15 USD.

Edit: Oh be sure whatever Vita you buy is on 3.60 or lower so you can install Henkaku to be able to use these adapters.

Last edited by SonyUSA, Jul 20, 2017
  7. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    You are selling mods for gamecards? Could I use this even though I don't have any gamecards? (I buy my games from PSN since is cheaper with PS+) :ninja:

8. SonyUSA

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    May 12, 2006
    United States
    It's an adapter that lets you put an SD card in your Gamecard vita/pstv slot, then using Henkaku and a plugin you remap it to be the system's internal storage. You don't need a game card to be able to use it.

9. dizz00
    OP

dizz00 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 2, 2016
    Indonesia
    Ah, i am planning to make one myself after i got my vita(probably the fat wifi one). I estimate it won't go above $5 for more than 1 if i make it myself. Unfortunately in my country the vita is not really popular in term of think like this, so i need to make one myself.

SonyUSA likes this.
  10. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    So is it a micro sd card or full size SD card? Either way, sounds good to me. Would make things easier for me to store all my psn games. :)

11. dizz00
    OP

dizz00 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 2, 2016
    Indonesia
    It's micro SD to gamecart adapter, you need henkaku tho.

12. TariqSoftDev

TariqSoftDev ~Zexceil

Sep 18, 2013
    London
    You can just solder in a USB flash drive that has low power requirements , solder it directly to the pins of the M-PCIE slot, look for the pin outs online.