Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/50j7wb/read_this_if_youre_on_361/ said:
  • You cannot use HENkaku
  • There's no way to downgrade
  • There's no exploit for 3.61 being worked on
  • If somebody tells you there is, they are lying
  • There are no plans to write an exploit for 3.61
  • HENkaku cannot be ported to 3.61
  • The only way to use HENkaku is to sell your Vita and buy another one, on 3.60 or older firmware

D

Deleted User

I've heard that there's a 3.61 downgrade coming quite soon.
@Voxel told me in the shoutbox I believe.
Huh... I don't remember saying lol.
Perhaps I was talking about the method over at the Hackinformer Forums; there was a dude who wrote a guide to install the smaller 3.60 update file on 3.61 which would semi-brick the Vita... not heard anything about it since, so I assume it was proven a dud...

D

Deleted User

Can we downgrade with a nand dump without any modifications to the nand like 3DS? If so if I can get nand pinouts I will try on my Vita.

D

Deleted User

No, because device specific encryption.
If you want to have free games, buy another PS Vita.

3ds nand isnt encrypted?

I'm on 3.60 and enjoying the scene at the moment.

I'm willing to test the following:

Dump nand on 3.60
Update to 3.61
Flash 3.60 back

Has anyone tried this yet?

Anyone have nand pinouts?

Last edited by ,

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand what you are saying, downgrading the nand without changing is flashing the same back and much more capable people than all of us like yifan_lu already tried all this don't waste your time and of those who read those threads as Sony enforced proper encryption and security measures across the system unlike 3DS.
None of the encryption was directly broken, only by using some limited tricks.

Wow so much shadowediting I like it.
It was already said that Vita internally tracks the latest firmware, this can't be overwritten like this.

Last edited by Wuigi,

Vampirex

Dhampir
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
apparently this has been already debunked, the nand is encrypted.

http://wololo.net/2014/01/12/yifan-lu-dumps-the-vita-nand-confirms-its-encrypted/

Not saying that downgrade from 3.61 could be impossible or possible, we may never know unless someone is willing to try. But because henkaku was made possible on 3.60, it is likely that most if not all current devs will be working with 3.60 exploit because it works.

Now that 3.61 has patched the henkaku exploit, someone will have to discover a new exploit/loophole.. if there's any left...

Last edited by Vampirex,
D

Deleted User

apparently this has been already debunked, the nand is encrypted.

http://wololo.net/2014/01/12/yifan-lu-dumps-the-vita-nand-confirms-its-encrypted/

Not saying that downgrade from 3.61 could be impossible or possible, we may never know unless someone is willing to try. But because henkaku was made possible on 3.60, it is likely that most if not all current devs will be working with 3.60 exploit because it works.

Now that 3.61 has patched the henkaku exploit, someone will have to discover a new exploit/loophole.. if there's any left...

Ok I have the nand pinouts. Going to mess with this.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3ds nand isnt encrypted?

I'm on 3.60 and enjoying the scene at the moment.

I'm willing to test the following:

Dump nand on 3.60
Update to 3.61
Flash 3.60 back

Has anyone tried this yet?

Anyone have nand pinouts?
The 3DS NAND is encrypted. We downgrade via hardmod because we know what the NATIVE_FIRM is in plaintext, and due to the way the 3DS encryption works we can decrypt it (and only it) from an encrypted NAND dump, overwrite it with an older NATIVE_FIRM, re-encrypt it and write it back.

FaithWaith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
read this carefully

Attachments

• 2016-11-21-005653.jpg
    2016-11-21-005653.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 1,879

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0