Homebrew Visual Novel making program for NDS?

SaitoKojima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone here happen to know what program was used to make visual novel stories just like the Pokemon - Ghost Black ReTold story that was circulating around the internet about a month ago?

I'm thinking of starting a small little visual novel-story series with that.

Thanks in advance.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It was custom-made by Multi:Option. You have to ask him/her if you want to use that...alternatively, you could try using VNDS...which is a different system, but it does allow for user created content.

-edit-
btw, don't bump your post so quickly. GBATemp users DO reply, though it might take some time.

SaitoKojima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is VNDS easy to use?

Like, I'm not going to be doing branching paths or stuff like that. It's going to be just a straight linear-path story (since for the most part I'm just porting over some old stuff I wrote into NDS format with images and stuff).

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It's really simple to use. For the most part, a kinetic novel would look like this example:
Code:
bgload lonelycat.png
music sadness.mp3
text And so the black cat left it's homely house...
text away from civilization, it began life anew...
bgload goatmorph.png
music ~
text as a goat.

bgload is for loading the background, music is for playing music (the ~ in the second one is to stop music), and to put text is to just have "text" and then the text you want to display. There are a small number of other things, but for the most part, that is the basic stuff.

SaitoKojima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would each of those "text" things be a separate "page" or still be on the same "page" as the last one? I wanna know this so I could make parts with dramatic effect like that, too. XD

Thank you for your help.

LeoSan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uruguay
ohmy.gif
wow, are there any other projects on homebrew visual novels I could check?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
On homebrew visual novels...not really...I mean Multi:Option had released some visual novel demos before (the F/HA prologue) and there IS an Ace Attorney style one (I was never personally able to get this one to work correctly, the number of files included in the archive is enormous), but apart from those, I haven't really heard of any other DS VN stuff (unless you include the small amount of commercial VNs).

SaitoKojima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone here happen to know exactly what program (not VNDS) Multiple:Option used?

I dunno if it's the case, but it seems like it might be much easier to use than standard VNDS.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
SaitoKojima said:
Does anyone here happen to know exactly what program (not VNDS) Multiple:Option used?

I dunno if it's the case, but it seems like it might be much easier to use than standard VNDS.

QUOTE(jurassicplayer @ Oct 11 2010, 09:53 AM) It was custom-made by Multi:Option. You have to ask him/her if you want to use that.
I feel strange quoting myself from just a few posts before.

-edit-
BTW even if you do get Multiple:Option's system, you will probably have a harder time (it is probably all hard-coded...meaning you are definitely going to need devkitpro or something...I'd say that VNDS is the simplest there is...because it IS really simple).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2