Hacking Visoly Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Drivers

frenc_spikeybob

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

Thanks to all for your help.
I have solved my problem and I just wanted to share for anyone in the future.

So, from the beginning...
I was playing pokemon sapphire on an old GBA with an old original cartridge. In order to exchange pokemons I had to start a new game on an emulator (pokemon ruby), but at some point, for the exchanges, I had to back-up the saved game on my old pokemon sapphire cartridge and transfer it to my computer to exchange pokemons through VisualBoy Advance Link.
To get my saved game out of the cartridge, I bought a Visoly Flash Advance Linker Xtreme USB from the website http://www.tototek.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=105. The linker was shipped from Hong-Kong without any problems but when I received it, I was unable to use it. I downloaded the XtremeLink Software from http://www.gameboy-advance.net/fal_soft/flash_xtreme_writer.htm (There are two urls on the page, the software is the first one) and what I did not understand was how to install the drivers. When I plugged my FA Linker to my computer and started the software, it prompted an error saying that no material was being recognized.
What I later figured out was that the drivers were contained in the second url and that thanks to the folder "drivers" inside the zip, I could just manually install them.
I did not know how to manually install drivers but with a few tries and my friend google I learnt that you can just point the windows drivers installation program to the folder were you have files which extensions are .hex, .sys, etc.
It installed fine and I was able to read my old pokemon cartridge and with a few tries to transfer my saved game to my computer.
I have now exchanged all the pokemons I wanted and I am trying to put the new saved game that I have back to my GBA (to be able to play anywhere, not just on my computer) so I will have to transfer it back to a rewritable cartridge with the rom and so on... But this is another issue.

I hope it helps anyone who is trying to atempt the same thing as I have (although I doubt that a lot of people in 2013 are interested and for those that are, I am sure that their IT skills are far greater than mine...) and thanks again to everyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1