Gaming Virtual Console Question

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just started playing Wii Virtual Console titles and thought there were some obvious omissions for what was available. Perfect Dark, Golden Eye, Banjo Kazooie and most of all (atleast for me) Conkers Bad Fur Day. I don't know what the release schedule for VC titles is, but can we expect new N64 releases anytime soon? Also of the titles I listed are any unrealistic to expect for a VC release (because of license issues or something along those lines).

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
All they are IP´s of Rare. Except GoldenEye. Nintendo didn´t sell the original GoldenEye (but Activision has the license of James Bond).

Maybe Nintendo doesn´t have interest on VC for something named Wad Manager.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
all these and more will be available when wii64 is perfected
tongue.gif

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Prior22 said:
I just started playing Wii Virtual Console titles and thought there were some obvious omissions for what was available. Perfect Dark, Golden Eye, Banjo Kazooie and most of all (atleast for me) Conkers Bad Fur Day. I don't know what the release schedule for VC titles is, but can we expect new N64 releases anytime soon? Also of the titles I listed are any unrealistic to expect for a VC release (because of license issues or something along those lines).
Since all but Golden Eye was developed by Rare, which is now owned by Microsoft, I doubt any of those will ever be released. I loved Conker's Bad Fur Day as well, but we'll likely never see it on Virtual Console. Thus, licensing issues killed three of them.

And as mentioned already, Golden Eye will be tough on the emulation hardware, making it difficult to reproduce whereas a Mario game (with far less action) would be much easier.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
CarbonX13 said:
Prior22 said:
Since all but Golden Eye was developed by Rare, which is now owned by Microsoft, I doubt any of those will ever be released. I loved Conker's Bad Fur Day as well, but we'll likely never see it on Virtual Console. Thus, licensing issues killed three of them.

And as mentioned already, Golden Eye will be tough on the emulation hardware, making it difficult to reproduce whereas a Mario game (with far less action) would be much easier.

GoldenEye NEVER was sold to Microsoft. Nintendo only sold IPs.

Mestizo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Juanmatron said:
CarbonX13 said:
Prior22 said:

GoldenEye NEVER was sold to Microsoft. Nintendo only sold IPs.

Even though Donkey Kong 64 is owned by Rare, Donkey Kong itself is owned by Nintendo. Anyone wanna explain THAT license issue?

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
donkey kong 64 isn't owned by rare, they develeoped it yes but only under licence for nintendo

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The character DONKEYKONG is Nintendo''s IP.
All other characters from the game are RARE... But New Donkey Kong Country is coming this year...so

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!! Don't know!

Mestizo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clarky said:
donkey kong 64 isn't owned by rare, they develeoped it yes but only under licence for nintendo

Then what's stopping Nintendo from releasing it, since they own the majority of the license? Come to think of it, how come they've yet to make a remake of the CDi games they leased?

Dookieman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mestizo said:
clarky said:

Then what's stopping Nintendo from releasing it, since they own the majority of the license? Come to think of it, how come they've yet to make a remake of the CDi games they leased?

Probably because Nintendo has given up on the VC and focused on other things it views more important(Check out the IGN article that relates to that). Why would Nintendo release their CDi game? They were all shit and I'm sure Nintendo wished they were never made.

Goldeneye has been talked about to death and the main reason it was never released on the Virtual Console is because of a crazy licensing issues. It requires the OK from Nintendo, Activision, and Microsoft, all whom which can't agree on a way to share the profits.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo