Hacking Virtual Console Game Icons - Request your icons here!

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Before I overwrite my Zelda Link's Awakening DX icon here is it.
It's not a real zip archive, it's the tga file. Just rename it by removing the ".zip"

Attachments

• IconTex.tga.zip
    48 KB · Views: 253

MelonSpeedruns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heeya people, sorry about the delay. I'm not going to accept requests anymore since I think people are good enough to make their own. :3
If a mod can lock this thread, it would be nice. Thanks for the support, guys!

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Request for a cover please> GBA VC Mario Advance 4 cover. I have looked everywhere for one but no joy as yet.

Edit: sorry my bad, its a cover please, not an icon but hay you cant be 100% right all the time! ;)

Last edited by Reecey,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Heeya people, sorry about the delay. I'm not going to accept requests anymore since I think people are good enough to make their own. :3
If a mod can lock this thread, it would be nice. Thanks for the support, guys!
I don't think you should quit here! You are talented and most of your work is in use and pleases me everytime I boot up Loadiine! You should continue!

Dotzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm fairly new to GBATemp, so I'm sorry for bumping this thread if that's considered against the rules/guidelines. It didn't seem necessary to me to make a new thread!

As for my post here; I noticed the Google Drive link in this thread is dead. But I do have a small request.

I'd like a custom icon for Haxchi, but I really can't manage to create what I want with a graphical design program. I've tried Microsoft Paint, Photoshop and GIMP.

My idea for an icon was the following, the super star from Super Mario Bros, as posted below. But with a black background and dark red/orange glare in its eyes (instead of the white). Could somebody help me to make this?

super star glare.jpg

I could convert it to a .tga file myself, but I'm having a lot of trouble with basic image edits.

@MelonSpeedruns ; is your offer still up? :blush: or could somebody maybe help me/point me in the right direction?

Thank you all in advance!

Last edited by Dotzz,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm fairly new to GBATemp, so I'm sorry for bumping this thread if that's considered against the rules/guidelines. It didn't seem necessary to me to make a new thread!

As for my post here; I noticed the Google Drive link in this thread is dead. But I do have a small request.

I'd like a custom icon for Haxchi, but I really can't manage to create what I want with a graphical design program. I've tried Microsoft Paint, Photoshop and GIMP.

My idea for an icon was the following, the super star from Super Mario Bros, as posted below. But with a black background and dark red/orange glare in its eyes (instead of the white). Could somebody help me to make this?

View attachment 204019

I could convert it to a .tga file myself, but I'm having a lot of trouble with basic image edits.

@MelonSpeedruns ; is your offer still up? :blush: or could somebody maybe help me/point me in the right direction?

Thank you all in advance!

According to what you wrote, I ended up with this:

Haxchi Star.png

The tga in Haxchi compatible format is included in the attached zip as well as the PSD file if you want to make any changes.
In case you change something, take these steps:
1. Use Photoshop and open the PSD
2. Make your changes
3. Merge all layers into one
4. Change image size to 128x128
5. Open the iconTex.tga in Photoshop as well
6. Copy the 128x128 star and paste it inside the tga file
7. You will end up with two layers in the tga
8. Merge them back into one
9. Save the tga as it is
10. profit

Attachments

• Haxchi Star.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 123
Reactions: Dotzz

Dotzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow, thanks! That looks good! I´ll go and maybe try to make the eyes a little bit more red when I get home later today! But this looks good! Thank you a lot!!! :yay:

Reactions: lordelan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep your Dahmer ways to yourself