Virtual console cheats?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Sonic Angel Knight, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I was curious about something. I recently was able to dump some of my vc games and i explored the files with in, some of them was making me curious, in some of the txt files (actually a ini file but can be text edit.) There was stuff about cheats and debug modes, and i wasn't sure what they mean, only debug modes i know was in sonic th hedgehog on genesis, which is such a fun cheat. It was so confusing but all i wanna know is does it have anything to do with cheat codes like in video games? Does anyone know how to use it or something?

CosmoCortney likes this.
  2. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Psychosystem Denomination
    I have not dumped a VC games yet, but I would think those files are just there to mess around with. I don't know what your asking if it has anything to do with cheat codes.

3. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Okay, so for anyone curious here is what i mean. Some of the config files in some vc games have information regarding the use of the word cheat and debug, and i am curious how it could be used, is it actually cheats or just my imagination?

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight, Jun 21, 2016