Dark-Sider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,

I got myself a nice 2yr old wii and softmodded it (bootmii as boot2; nand backup).
I also got my USB-Launcher and HDD working.

Now I want to install some VC Games. I know I can just use the VC-Game's .wad into my Wii's nand. But each game requires blocks and it takes spaces in within the channel-menu.

So I wonder if I could install a VC game into the nand and use the the new SD-Card menu (4.1 System menu) to move the game onto the SD-Card?!. It works with bought games bougth through the shop, maybe it also works with games installed with a wad installer ;-)

If it doesn't work - maybe you can drop one or two sentences why it doesn't (or give me link) - because i'm curious and trying to understand wii's security measures.

bye
Darky

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yes, you just have to trucha patch your System Menu IOS

which can be done with dop-ios

which would be yes to sig hash check on IOS60 in your case

Dark-Sider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

thx for the quick answer.

For my understanding:
- I can launch the games from the integrated nand because I patched IOS36 (restored trucha bug) when I modded my wii
- I need to patch IOS60 to launch the games from the sd card; because the wii uses ios60 for booting games from SD-card an therefore it uses the IOS60-truche implementation which has to be patched.

QUOTE said:
Just use Triiforce. It's a NAND emulator that basically allows loading of VC and Wiiware from an SD card. Go search for it
Well I stumbled accross triiforce earlier this day. Maybe I'll give it a shot. Though hacking the wii I'm trying to keep as close to normal operating procedures as possible.

Maybe there's also an "offline" channel-editor for the sdcard, so I could install the .wads directly on my PC to the SD-Card and boot them with the patches ios60... hmmm

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dark-Sider said:
Hi,

thx for the quick answer.

For my understanding:
- I can launch the games from the integrated nand because I patched IOS36 (restored trucha bug) when I modded my wii
- I need to patch IOS60 to launch the games from the sd card; because the wii uses ios60 for booting games from SD-card an therefore it uses the IOS60-truche implementation which has to be patched.

1] no, the patched IOS36 lets you install fakesigned content, such as the VC wads. It has nothing to do with launching, once its in the NAND, you can launch it.

2] the wii's system menu for 4.0/4.1 uses IOS60 so it must be trucha patched to allow fakesigned content to be launched from the sd channel

so for 4.2 you must patch IOS70

Dark-Sider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok I think I get it. Once the wad is in the nand the wii automatically thinks it's legit and just boots it up, since the nand is not "portable" (at least for the normal wii user).

Because SD-Cards are easily swapped the wii checks the signiature at every launch ... ok.

thanks so far - I think I can now work it out by myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-