Virginity..

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm a virgin, not ashamed to admit it... and I hope to keep it that way until marriage or a strong love... whichever comes first (hopefully the two will become synonymous)

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How many of you have lost virginity (had their first sex)?
I am only 1 person
frown.gif

At what age did you do it?
Sadly at the age of 13... If I could go back in time I would have waited longer...

Was that experience good/bad (good sex, bad sex?)
Was good I guess... Was a long ass time ago so yea some things are a bit foggy..., but still wish I would have waited...

How do you feel about it, are you sorry for not waiting, for someone other/better/more special?

Am I sorry for not waiting? Not like I hurt someones feeling by doing something so stupid... But I do wish I would have waited till I was older. Not saying I did not care for the person but still would have preferred to have waited till I was a bit older and more mature.

Do your parents (if you're young) know about it, and do they approve it?
I doubt it, my dad I have not seen in forever and I do not tell my mom many aspects of my life. So if they approved or not who knows...

How much virginity actually IS IMPORTANT to you? Do you want to wait for marriage, do you enjoy one night stands, do you want to do it out of a love with your partner?!

Virginity is overrated as is losing your virginity... You should not be pressured into keeping your virginity nor should you be pressured into losing it. I think everyone should wait till they are old enough to make the right decision about losing their virginity to someone and hopefully to someone they care a great deal about, if they are not at that age well it in the end is still up to that person.

Kind of late to wait till marriage eh, but I am not one who would have waited till marriage but again I will state how I wish I would have waited till I was a bit more mature...

I do not agree with people who have one night stands but that is their prerogative to do so however I will not stop them from doing something so immature (in my eyes at least) and stupid... Hopefully they do not end up scaring someone emotionally by doing so.

Mind rephrasing "do you want to do it out of a love with your partner?!" this part please?

If you mean is it best to do it with someone you love and care for then...

Yea I do believe a sexual act should be between someone you care for and love. If you wish to do it with someone you do not care for well I guess thats up to you.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Linkiboy said:
Yeah I'm a virgin, not ashamed to admit it... and I hope to keep it that way until marriage or a strong love... whichever comes first (hopefully the two will become synonymous)
I am glad your a virgin Linkiboy. You are only 6
smile.gif

I am still a virgin at the age of 17. I have never had any relationships with the opposite sex so far but even if I has a girlfriend, I would not go for the sex straight away. I think it would only complicate things because although I know sex is a part of life, I want a partner that craves my personality and not my dick.

Kind of off topic but do many of you, particularly the people in school, objectify girls, only looking out for the "hottest chicks" or do you actually look for personality.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Edgedancer said:
Kind of off topic but do many of you, particularly the people in school, objectify girls, only looking out for the "hottest chicks" or do you actually look for personality.
I was never that type of person, I don't even like to watch girls around and comment their body and stuff like that, many of my school friends did it, and at that point I'd just leave, because I felt like it's making me stupid (talks like that)..
I don't get actually what is "hottest chick", to make me feel like I want anything more with a girl, then actually only be her friend, I'd had to really get to know her! Just because someone has great body, or big breasts, it won't make me want to be with her, and other than that, I'm a type of person that wouldn't do sex without emotion, aka one-night-stand (or few-nights-fuck)..
But that's just me..

I look for personality, how she look is only a bonus!

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm 20 and a virgin. It's not important for me to keep it, it's just out of my hands as to whether I can have sex. I'm also very shy around girls, so I don't even know if I'll ever be able to develop a relationship with a girl. It's been years since I've been actively engaged in ANY sort of social activity. I don't know how I'll be able to handle college (doubt I'll ever be able to afford it anyways).

That being said, I'm a little sad that I'm unable to develop a relationship with anyone. I'd certainly like to have a girlfriend, but I just can't. I don't have a social life, but it's not due to my lack of confidence, but the fact that I'm financially burdened (got no car, and no other way to travel anywhere).

dewp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
granville said:
I'm 20 and a virgin. It's not important for me to keep it, it's just out of my hands as to whether I can have sex. I'm also very shy around girls, so I don't even know if I'll ever be able to develop a relationship with a girl. It's been years since I've been actively engaged in ANY sort of social activity. I don't know how I'll be able to handle college (doubt I'll ever be able to afford it anyways).

That being said, I'm a little sad that I'm unable to develop a relationship with anyone. I'd certainly like to have a girlfriend, but I just can't. I don't have a social life, but it's not due to my lack of confidence, but the fact that I'm financially burdened (got no car, and no other way to travel anywhere).

grog.gif
alcohol is an easy fix for confidence issues

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have not.

How much virginity actually IS IMPORTANT to you? Do you want to wait for marriage, do you enjoy one night stands, do you want to do it out of a love with your partner?!
In my opinion it isn't the virginity itself that's important, it's your attitude. It vexes me that so many people (in the real world) view sex as cheap pleasure, with no emotional attachment (and I personally draw strong correlations with that and alcohol, one of the reasons I've never consumed an alcoholic beverage of any strength). Speaking as yet another 17 year old with "1337 skill" (read: absolute nerd), but absolutely zero relationship experience of any kind, I can say that I thoroughly intend for my first relationship to be absolutely meaningful, and by all means permanent. Which is probably why I've only ever asked (albeit very awkwardly) three girls to "go out with me", or whatever. They just don't appeal to me emotionally. I'm hardly bothered about what they look like, it's the personality/quirks that appeal to me most. (My own real-world quirks can come off as anoying to most types of people, even though I've never done anything out of malice or hate. I suppose not caring about real-life things very much doesn't help
tongue.gif
).

I abhor the principles of the "one night stand", but do appreciate that in rare cases even drunken casual sex *can* lead to a long-term loving relationship.

Since I simply wouldn't function in (or attend) any normal social situations in which guys meet girls (hating alcohol, awkwardness, wanting to learn/read/computerificate/watch anime/play games instead), and I've essentially exhausted possibility from my current academic social sphere, the going plan is to stumble across someone thoroughly compatible at University next year.

Don't get me wrong, with people I'm comfortable with I'm as social as hell, but when I'm trying to determine if I like a girl I'm hopeless (I don't believe in starting a relationship before you're fully convinced you're compatible. I'm aware of how that could be a major catch-22, but I would regard it as morally irresponsible). It gets me down, sometimes, knowing that for the entire period of being 15 to 18 I know that I won't encounter anyone to start a relationship, but I persevere. (pillow hugging
hrth.gif
)

With regards to sex before marriage: Marriage is an inherently religious extension of a permanent socially-accepted relationship, and as such I probably won't ever "get married" (I'm an Atheist, so shoot me
wink.gif
). But the fact that it's "before marriage" doesn't bother me at all - it's just that my opinion is that sex should be absolutely confined within a single, intended-to-be-permanent, loving relationship between two mutually-inclined partners. If you *know* that you love each other, and you're 15, go ahead. If there's uncertainty, or it's just "for kicks", I disagree.

So yeah. Great thread, by the way. Nice way to vent, and to think things through. And to see into the minds of our fellow Tempers.

EDIT: And no, Alcohol is *not* a fix for Confidence, it just makes everyone involved stop thinking. Which means that when you sober up, you will not still be in that "loving relationship" you don't remember experiencing the night before.
tongue.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dewp said:
granville said:

grog.gif
alcohol is an easy fix for confidence issues
It's not a good fix for the wallet though.
rolleyes.gif

dewp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeh i know - really though it's sad to hear this is the case with you you must have some kind of friends surley? - I hope it gets better for you

also, great post aphirst

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, no friends. I NEVER go anywhere or do anything. I'm not trying to get you to pity me, I'm just saying it the way it is. I consider the people on GBAtemp my friends, but I don't know if that counts.

nin10do

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
granville said:
Basically, no friends. I NEVER go anywhere or do anything. I'm not trying to get you to pity me, I'm just saying it the way it is. I consider the people on GBAtemp my friends, but I don't know if that counts.

you just described me lol.
i do have a few freinds but don't go out very often. unless theres a new movie in the cinema, then i gotta watch it.

i'm in my early 20's.
still a virgin.
and yes it's really imprtant to me.
plan on waiting till marriage.
though i need to remember that most girls don't care about virginity.

Just Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
At what age did you do it?

-Overall bad. Both been drinking. I was nervous and very self-conscious of the whole thing.

How do you feel about it, are you sorry for not waiting, for someone other/better/more special?
-No, getting the first time out of the way was the best thing. Plus what really counts as special? I've just come out of an eight year relationship with someone I thought I could've spent the rest of my life with. What if I had waited for her? Would have seemed a little pointless now.

Do your parents (if you're young) know about it, and do they approve it?
-Didn't know. Probably wouldn't have cared as long as I was safe.

-It's not important to me at all. I've got no problem with people choosing to wait, or with people who sleep around. I used to have one night stands before I got into my relationship, but I don't think that's what I want any more.

dewp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just Joe said:
-Overall bad. Both been drinking. I was nervous and very self-conscious of the whole thing.

Should have the opposite effect

pieman202

Trophies
XP
Country
i'm 14 and i haven't lost my virginity yet lol my parents would make a big deal about it but not in the way you would expect lol my mum told me to tell her when i'm planning to start so she can buy me protection lol

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nin10do said:
granville said:
you just described me lol.
i do have a few freinds but don't go out very often. unless theres a new movie in the cinema, then i gotta watch it.
And me
frown.gif
Like you said I do have some friends, not much, but we don't really do anything out.
Oh well, at least I have the Temp.

@topic, nope I didn't lose mine yet. (I am 14/almost 15 if that matters)

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I haven't and I am 25 (probably the oldest here).

On this side it seems like a big deal but on the other I imagine it will be like "what was I so worked up over".

At this point in my life I assumed that I would be either married or in a relationship but that never happened.

My problem is that I am not a social person, don't get me wrong I have a fair few friends and I can make friends easily enough but with women its different. I have always had a problem with talking to women and I don't take rejection well. Not that I actually meet many.

Some of my friends give me advice and its not helpful to me like:
"Go to more parties and you will meet someone there"
"Go drinking (bar, club, etc) and you meet someone there" for starters I don't drink any more.

I don't think anything good of a one night stand, I know people that started relationships with them but they didn't last.

Over this Christmas I was in (still in) a foul mood and recently I have realised it was because I was pretty much alone. I hate being alone but I just end up in the same cycle and in the second half of the year it will probably get worse when I move out and hopefully get a job as a games designer somewhere.

At times like this when I reflect on these events it makes me fear that they will never change.

Waiting is a good thing, if I met someone tomorrow I would probably wait for sex until we knew each other better.

If I had the chance to go back and tell myself what I know now to when I was first interested in girls I would tell myself "You will be rejected a lot in your life but don't let it put you off and don't be complacent about finding a girlfriend. You will regret not trying harder and its easy to get too comfortable in a place you don't want to be."

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not me, and I don't plan to for some time.

I don't get out often. I'm only 13.

One of my classmates lost his virginity at the age of 12, and he said it was the worst choice in his life.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: That 1600 watt PSU for 200 is tempting but crazy overkill lol