Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
giratina16 said:
As long as there are stupid people playing GTA then the world will always be violent.
So the world was a world-wide peaceful utopia before Grand Theft Auto? I guess all our School's History Books, famous literature, and Fox News are a lie.

I always thought that the violent world spawned Grand Theft Auto and not the other way around.
Our literature can be 20 times more gruesome than anything Grand Theft Auto has ever seen.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Njrg said:
giratina16 said:
As long as there are stupid people playing GTA then the world will always be violent.
So the world was a world-wide peaceful utopia before Grand Theft Auto?

I always thought that the violent world spawned Grand Theft Auto and not the other way around.

Our literature and books can be 20 times more gruesome than anything Grand Theft Auto has ever seen.

Did I say it was peaceful? I'm just saying video games and movies and things like that have a massive influence on some people. I'm just using a particular violent game as an example. Apparently John Venables got his inspiration from the movie "Child's Play". As I said before some people can't separate reality from the gaming/movie world.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
elixirdream said:
my thoughts

- no violence = all interrelated industry will die
- parents should pay attention on what they are getting for their kids

even Mario is violent? don't you guys think so?

You've got a good point. Jumping on peoples heads to squash them. Throwing fireballs. It's actually really bad lol.

Dark Blade

Flippin' Insane
Trophies
XP
Country
Violence helps kids relieve their stress by pounding screens with their fists and smashing unlucky buttons.
In extreme cases....the device itself may be used as a weapon against an imaginary or real foe.

In my opinion even games like warioware can be violent for impressionable kids.

Berioth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
elixirdream said:
my thoughts

indeed, mario teaches children to kill turtles by jumping on them...poor little turtles

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
elixirdream said:
my thoughts

lol even childrens cartoons are violent even if there's no blood they're always beating each other lol...

Blue Protoman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Berioth said:
after i played my first monster hunter first thing i did was capture some cats and make a Bowgun out of cats

MayorWestwithCatLauncher.jpg

I

CAN'T

STOP

LAUGHING

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Berioth said:
elixirdream said:
my thoughts

indeed, mario teaches children to kill turtles by jumping on them...poor little turtles
And break blocks with thier hands and get in front of cannons trying to jump off of flying cannon balls and throw fire.

Even Space Invaders is violent. Kids are going to assume Aliens are evil and try to shoot them from the sky. What if they just want to have some cakey?

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Can we change? Idk, i kinda enjoy doing things that i normally cant in real life.

In the real life, can i swing from a web and smack the black out of any enemies that i see? In real life, can i really go around in a rampage like in prototype?

I dont think so.

To me, videogames are just a way for me to express my inner blood lust and prevent it from flowing to real life. But still, i feel that only people with tendency to commit violent acts might be inspired by video game violence, most of us, even after completing GTA or after playing manhunt or any of those really violence games, how many of us actually went out and start acting that way, i would say none.

So, violence in video game to me doesnt need to change. What needs to change though would be the need for those people to understand the severity of committing such acts and to help those people differentiate between reality and game world.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah sometimes violence is called for in video games. I love it really. I mean what can be better than transforming into a tank with a fusion cannon, I mean hello it's Megatron.

Dark Blade

Flippin' Insane
Trophies
XP
Country
Games like GTA and all don't really give kids a good idea of what to do on the streets.

Just the part with chainsaw or AK-47.
Oh and the random part with suicide helicopter flying.

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
its ignorant to think that video games have no effect on the way we act. but violence? i think its very difficult to say because it varies from person to person. many cases (like the kid who shot his mum in the head for taking halo away from him) are a result of other factors as well as video games but also because they have a predisposition to violence. its very much like how many people have a predisposition to smoking or alcohol. its much easier for them to be influenced.

WarazX

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way i think of it... All video games have a rating on them. Its pretty simple. If you are not old enough, well then dont play it! If everyone did that, there would be no probs.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WarazX said:
The way i think of it... All video games have a rating on them. Its pretty simple. If you are not old enough, well then dont play it! If everyone did that, there would be no probs.
lol i doubt that will happen though since a lot of people on this site(the underage ones) still play the M rated games the good thing though is a lot of stores now a days are making it harder for under age people to buy the Mature rated games(although not all stores/employees do)

WarazX

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
syko5150 said:
WarazX said:
lol i doubt that will happen though since a lot of people on this site(the underage ones) still play the M rated games the good thing though is a lot of stores now a days are making it harder for under age people to buy the Mature rated games(although not all stores/employees do)

haha yea, i doubt it too but still...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1