Hacking Viewing pics

enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country
If you use DSOrganize to view the files, make sure the resolution inst too big otherwise you get an "error rending file" message. I recommend using this to view pictures (unless there is other homebrew apps i am not aware of). Moonshell freezez and locks up whenever i use it to open a picture no matter the size or format or resolution
frown.gif

sylux92

Trophies
Website
nbcustomwebsites.com
XP
Country
United States
get image viewer 1.0 from the maker of moonshell. the best image viewing app.
But with image viewer you have to convert the images to .ipk files, not just the regular picture files. Also, enigmaindex, I have no problem with moonshell and pictures, it works fine for me. Have you tried reinstalling? I have never used image viewer, but with moonshell you can zoom in to a part of the picture, make it bigger/smaller. kangarookangaroo, I would say its up to you what you want to use.

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
For some reason I've had the same troubles with moonshell, i.e., with images greater than 500 px. I simply use imageviewer 1.0, it's not much of a hassle since it'll be organized and everything, and I don't have to do much to get a nice slideshow.

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
500px? That would be like 5x100 or something.
tongue.gif

I've opened 640x480 images just fine in both. (Haven't tried bigger ones)
Nah, 500 px in length or height. I don't know the exact height, but I'm approximating. When I had moonshell a long time ago, I tried viewing images with it for a while, and it seemed to freeze at certain bitmap images, or maybe because of the image size. Now I'm more sure of the former, and they probably fixed that bitmap image problem since then.

But yeah, DSO does freeze up at certain image resolutions.

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

But with image viewer you have to convert the images to .ipk files, not just the regular picture files. Also, enigmaindex, I have no problem with moonshell and pictures, it works fine for me. Have you tried reinstalling? I have never used image viewer, but with moonshell you can zoom in to a part of the picture, make it bigger/smaller. kangarookangaroo, I would say its up to you what you want to use.
The downside of .ipx files (some kind of archive file) is that you have to compress your (mostly already compressed) images again, which is rather bad for quality, especially on a small screen like a DS has :S

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

The downside of .ipx files (some kind of archive file) is that you have to compress your (mostly already compressed) images again, which is rather bad for quality, especially on a small screen like a DS has :S
You mean .ipk files. And you can choose to convert to better quality but it takes more mb's. The quality is very good. And I thought pics show better quality on smaller screens? Take DPGs for example: a video camera recording a film from a cinema screen doesn't look as bad on small screens than on a 42".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-