viewing .ntfx files

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by pspmax333, Mar 14, 2010.

Mar 14, 2010

viewing .ntfx files by pspmax333 at 9:16 PM (1,539 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. pspmax333
    OP

Newcomer pspmax333 Newbie

United States
    how do i view .ntfx files and what program should i use?

2. pspmax333
    OP

United States
    i do not know which program should i use, and i unpacked lux-pain ds rom and i see a .ntfx file and how do i extract it?

3. rastsan

Member rastsan 8 baller, Death Wizard

Canada
    Use Crytaltile2 for Lux-Pain specific
    open the rom in ct2, get the file system window up (ctrl-N), click on a .ntfx file,
    change in the properties pane width to 256 height to 192(or 185 unh), tile form to gba 8bpp
    I'm using in the palette tab the gray division, back to properties, change the scale if you want (displays more), select the tile you wish to import or export then goto edit and do so - remebering to save it as you need it (bmp jpg whatever) if you don't like the palette play the game in an emulator and savea sceen shot... then imort the palette from that screenshot any more questions just post again

4. pspmax333
    OP

United States
    which one is the prperties and how do i change the language in the program?

5. rastsan

Member rastsan 8 baller, Death Wizard

Canada
    just under the file tab on the left side of the screen is the properties pane beside it is the palette panel and then favorites and then settings where your default code page is set up
    if you can get the march 09 version (the one you do not need to register)
    this has an api that reflects the language of the system (so italian language file would be set by defualt- if they had it)

to veiw that file as an image in crystaltile2 press F5 then it will just be amatter of changing the settings til you see what you need to see then exporting or importing the image(s) as needed

you might find it useful to search for other posts on ct2 there are some pretty good faqs...