Homebrew Videos on Moonshell with BatchDPG Guide

The Dementor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it actually possible to FF or Rew? As I don't seem to be able to find a away to do so.

Great Guide by the way everything worked great for me first time.

skurai123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I tried your full screen settings, and the only thing I did not follow was set the Pass to 3. The video came out wonderfully except for one part where the audio was out of sync. Is there are way to ensure that the audio is always in sync?

skurai123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I just tried converting Final Fantasy Advent Children which is a .mkv file into a .dpg file. Well, I use the Haali media splitter like you said and set the audio to jap, but for some reason the subtitles do not show up! The quality is good and all, but without the english subtitles...so how do I deal with this? It seems this happens after i installed the Haali Media Splitter which changes it into a Matroska file. So my english subtitles seems to have disappeared... (before changing i could not convert using batchdpg)

yee

OP
Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
I tried your full screen settings, and the only thing I did not follow was set the Pass to 3. The video came out wonderfully except for one part where the audio was out of sync. Is there are way to ensure that the audio is always in sync?

Try lowering the framerate and then bitrate.

What hardware do you use? I've noticed that some cards play DPG worse than other.

I just tried converting Final Fantasy Advent Children which is a .mkv file into a .dpg file. Well, I use the Haali media splitter like you said and set the audio to jap, but for some reason the subtitles do not show up! The quality is good and all, but without the english subtitles...so how do I deal with this? It seems this happens after i installed the Haali Media Splitter which changes it into a Matroska file. So my english subtitles seems to have disappeared... (before changing i could not convert using batchdpg)

Please forgive me, but MKV files usually have the subtitles embedded in them right? Try extracting the English subtitles out and running that seperately in BatchDPG when selecting subtitles. Another possible way is to encode to another format with the English subs embedded and then through BatchDPG.

QUOTE(Kishu @ Nov 16 2007, 08:58 PM)I keep getting this Mencoder error thing. The video Im trying to convert into DPG isnt working.

Very specific. Try to explain it better please.

myclock

Trophies
Website
www.ahg123.com
XP
Country
i too get a mencoder thing for both my pcs these days. before i reformatted it worked fine. it encodes the audio properly until it starts doing the video. then it just goes error
frown.gif

PanzerWF

Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
Is it actually possible to FF or Rew? As I don't seem to be able to find a away to do so.

Great Guide by the way everything worked great for me first time.

I'm using a SCONE so bear with me if it's not the same.

1) Touch the screen
2) Hold Up for FF, Down for RW (I think)
3) Touch the screen again to make everything normal

G'luck.

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I tried converting a season of hannah montana, but when i play it on my ds the sound and video goes a--a--a--a--a--a but they do that in sync

what could be a cause of that?

myclock

Trophies
Website
www.ahg123.com
XP
Country
I tried converting a season of hannah montana, but when i play it on my ds the sound and video goes a--a--a--a--a--a but they do that in sync

what could be a cause of that?

hannah montana
rofl2.gif
good one... its called saturday disney mate
wink.gif

yeah some videos that i have converted didnt play soo good on my DS as well. such as sound and video is all weird

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country
Hannah Montana?
rofl2.gif
. What ever floats your boat mate. But for a school camp? Wouldnt you be better off with something like say the new Resident Evil 3 movie or something like that? Wait how old are you?

But as the guy below said some videos just dont convert good.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
Check post #1 on page 1 there is a link to the latest version : it is given as 1.3 beta 5 but since version 1.2 (unofficial) some people report compatibility problems. I never had a problem with a clean intall and i fear it is related to conflicting codecs ( since some people are reporting good results after new install or complete format ...)

See also Firon ( from µTorrent ) posts there ( with a link to LS5 thread here )

So you will learn it is in fact BatchDPG multi-threaded build based off 4.5. The MT feature is broken, so just keep cores set to 1. Functions identically to beta 4.5. ( BatchDPGMTv2.7z )

Someone suggest to install in this order :
QUOTE said:
- Microsoft® .NET Framework Version 2.0
- k-lite codec pack
- AviSynth v2.5.7
- BatchDPG 1.0 final or BatchDPG 1.2 or BatchDPG 1.3 beta5 ou DPGtools 1.3

it came from a ds-source.com thread ( posted with an untested but apparently working package with all these files ... 66 Mo ! )

DPGtools is working better and faster for me anyway so i can't help more ;-)

Incidentally if you install FFDShow read these versions issues ( use Cpu-z V.141 to check if your processor had MMX and SSE enabled )

MSabata

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What do you do with BatchDPG after you download it? Right know it's just an "unknown" file. (I have a mac, so I have to use Virtual PC)

hillkitler

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done everything exactly as the directions state but it still won't allow me to convert anything. I get the same error message every time: "Open in a media player and take note of the error message.

This box will time out in 30 seconds."

Can someone try to help me figure out what I've done wrong?

I'm trying to convert an OGM file and I have all of the necessary codecs, I have the correct language and subtitles selected, but I just can't seem to make it work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: But let's see what GabeN decides though