Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Moonshell on the other hand, will require your flash memory card (SD, MiniSD, MicroSD, etc) to be plugged into your computer before installation.

Extract the Moonshell Installation archive you just downloaded to anywhere, preferably the Desktop since you'll be getting rid of the files after. Luckily for us, Moonshell comes with a setup file just like BatchDPG to make life just that much easier! Please open setup.exe.

Once you open it, you'll be greeted with a window in which you can select a language. Since English is already ticked, just click OK and ignore the little box under it. Once you click OK, you'll be greeted with another popup. This time, select the drive in which your flash memory card is recognized as.

As you can see, there are quite a lot of options to choose from, but don't worry! I will guide you through this. First of all, hit "all clear" next to ROM image and then tick the one that represents your Slot-1/Slot-2 adapter, e.g. if you have an EZ-Flash V, tick only "EZ5S_MOON EZ Flash 5 (SD Card)" and so on. After you've done that, please tick "moonshl.ini (full) is copied" since that will give you more options if you choose to tinker around with the configuration file later. Everything else is pretty much fine on default except if you want a clock screen saver within Moonshell. If you do, please select the one you like best from the drop down list. Now that we're done setting up the installation settings, click "Setup" and wait for all the files to be copied to your flash memory card.
What happens if you skip this step?

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
never managed to get this to work and moonshell would just freeze when i tried to play DPG files... MediaPlay Extend however pwnd!!!
tongue.gif

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The extension must be *.dpg
Just don't simply rename the file with .dpg

Anyways, gbatmw.net is another good forum with people who are into videos for the DS.

BTW people, 256x144 is a great dimension to use wide screen movies with. Moonshell now supports fps's up to 30ish. Just make sure to replace the "auto" in FPS to the real fps. Use gspot to find the fps of the video file.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to reformat my pc last week and for some reason the steps in this guide don't work on the latest BatchDPG. I've gone through every bit of advice here and I still get the "conversion failed, open blah blah to see what went wrong" or something like that. I never got that when I first did it and theres nothing new or added to my PC when I tried it before.

BatchDPG 1.0 is the only one that converts without errors.

Help?

yee

OP
Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
I had to reformat my pc last week and for some reason the steps in this guide don't work on the latest BatchDPG. I've gone through every bit of advice here and I still get the "conversion failed, open blah blah to see what went wrong" or something like that. I never got that when I first did it and theres nothing new or added to my PC when I tried it before.

Help?

Reinstall AVISynth, ffdshow, and .NET Framework and try again.

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
when i try to convert a movie, the sound goes ahead of the visual bits, and i think its because my frame rate is too slow

how do i check the framerate of an mp4?

yee

OP
Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
when i try to convert a movie, the sound goes ahead of the visual bits, and i think its because my frame rate is too slow

how do i check the framerate of an mp4?

Yeah, this is a known problem with Moonshell.

Try lowering the FPS a bit.

You can also try pausing for a sec and resuming.

Pulka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Help?
Download VLC, play the video in VLC, convert!
wink.gif

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What kind of video file is it? Are you using the latest batchdpg version. Latest versions of AVISynth, ffdshow, and .NET Framework?
etc etc. More information always helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1