Homebrew Videos on Moonshell with BatchDPG Guide

way2quik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi.
i am not using the newest beta for BatchDPG. as i am using 1.3 beta 2.
and after the last step i get an error of "audio conversion failed. make sure you have the right codecs installed."

i installed all the stuff on the front page.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
BatchDPG 1.3 Beta 4.5 by LS5 - Click! and Click!
dead
frown.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"First, make sure you have the latest AviSynth 2.58 installed, Microsoft .Net Framework 3.0 and ffdshow installed on your computer."

I'm guessing AviSynth is for converting videos to AVI (though I'm not really sure), but what's the purpose of having the other two items installed on your computer? The walkthrough merely mentions the use of batchDPG and Moonshell...

Thanks

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
avisynth is an exceptionally powerful video editing tool
.net is used for the bepipe application, originally avs2wav was used (which did not require .net) but it was not reliable. I made a version that used soundout (a new, somewhat similar tool) but I broke it and have yet to fix it. You should be able to get away with v2 though and maybe and even earlier version.
FFDshow, avisynth can (batchDPG does) read files via directshow (one of the methods by which codecs can be written/used). FFdshow (I suggest either the CCCP version: http://www.cccp-project.net/ or the tryouts: http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow-tryout/ ) can read almost all common video files bar WMP9, real and quicktime (for which the latter two have alternatives).

AOforever1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Followed the tutorial exactly and I have one problem; dual core usage isn't working.

My setup:

AVI Synth 2.5.7 & tried the .8 alpha (replaced the avisynth file in the sys32 folder as described as well)
K-lite Full (3.x)

OS-Vista
CPU: AMD 939 4600 X2

I should try my XP install, but I leave for vacation tomorrow
frown.gif

AOforever1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dual Core is broken. I think 2 people got it working, with direct help from the person who made the newest version
Thank you for clearing up the subject for me Fishju. Spending over two hours reading forums and not making progress was not fun. I'm leaving for my vacation shortly now. And props to Firon + Inf. Par. You guys rock for DS Video homebrew scene. Just waiting out on multi Core/thread support
yaynds.gif

zwz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been having a problem with this method. The encoder that comes with moonshell works fine, but the audio sync gets bad after awhile. I tried the method listed here a few months ago, and today, and i still get the same problem: It encodes fine, but as soon as i attempt to play it on the ds, it just goes black and the power buttion just flashes.

Any ideas as to what is causing this?

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It happens. Firon says it's moonlight's fault, and is "normal"

Just pausing the video usually allows for it to resync

AlmostCrimes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Conversion failed. Open '...avi' in a media player and take note of the error message.

There's no error message in WMP after installing the K-Lite pack. So what's up?

Edit: Misread it, and opened the .avs in a media player, got the error:

Script Error: there is no function named "SetMTmode"
...avi.avs Line 2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone