[VIDEO][Tutorial]CFW Installation 11.3.0-36

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by KanterZ, Apr 21, 2017.

1. KanterZ
    OP

KanterZ YouTuber, Modder. I also do SOFTMOD Services

Oct 9, 2015
    Philippines
    So, once again, for people who are visual learners and people who are having a hard time with reading text-based tutorials, I made another video on how to install A9LH+LumaCFW on 11.3.0-36.

Last time, I made one for 11.2.0-35.

Here's the video.

Enjoy!

Text-based tutorial by Plailect:
    https://3ds.guide

CREDITS to the people who made this possible.

Last edited by KanterZ, Apr 21, 2017
    HitchensRIP and pokefan92 like this.
  2. pokefan92

pokefan92 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2009
    Nice! It's always useful to have such material. Keep up the good work.

KanterZ likes this.
  3. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    BEfore anyone slates him hes known for hardmods in PH

4. KanterZ
    OP

Oct 9, 2015
    Philippines
    Thanks!

proflayton123 likes this.
  5. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    I'm from UK myself but I liked your page on FB and watch your videos! +1 to you !

KanterZ likes this.
  6. Epicdaftman

Epicdaftman Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2016
    United States
    nononoooononoonononoononoonononoono. Please, DO NOT share video guides or follow them. They're almost always out of date and have been known to cause bricks. ONLY spread/use 3ds.guide. Thanks

Quantumcat likes this.
  7. Jhnsn

Jhnsn *Flat is Justice*

Sep 1, 2016
    Australia
    It's a video guide based on the guide. It's alright as long as it gets updated regularly.

8. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    It won't though. You can't edit video guides without starting from scratch and that's unlikely. As soon as there's any edit to the guide it will be out of date.

fenderjaguar and McWhiters9511 like this.
  9. KanterZ
    OP

Oct 9, 2015
    Philippines
    Yeah, I just made that earlier and have also linked that.

Depending on how major the update on the text tutorial is, instead of making a new tutorial, I just send in a message via notepad on the files I have them download and instructions for that, but I don't usually do that since even if the text-based, origin tutorial is updated, you can still use the old method. Not unless like, there's a new patch and a new way to install it, yeah?

Last edited by KanterZ, Apr 22, 2017
  10. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    That's not a good idea. People follow video tutorials because they don't speak English or don't want to read. What they will probably do is copy what you show in the video except with different files. That could lead them to bricking.

11. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Doesn't youtube allow users to replace videos with new ones? Just curious.

12. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Yeah but who is going to check the repository every day and record a brand new video every week?

13. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    I'd have to agree with @Quantumcat, credibility doesn't automatically make a video guide immune to depreciation regardless of how good the person is. It's the fact that people NEVER make new videos when there are changes. The most they do is add some new annotations, or bolded text saying "OUTDATED" that gets ignored anyway; and we're right back to where we started with noobs following video guides and ending up here with stupid questions about how they screwed up.....

Last edited by Majickhat55, Apr 22, 2017
    Quantumcat likes this.
  14. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Well I was just curious bout the video replacement feature. Not that it was idea to actually be useful. But only someone dedicated to making it definitive would do that. Though yes a text guide is easily updated than video, perhaps text guides can provide visual representation? The reason why video guides exist is something to look at, as reference rather than just text with no visual representation. Monkey see monkey do. Is a very strong emphasis on how people learn most of the time. :unsure:

A text guide can least provide some sort of pictures to reference than just straight text which people will most likely see as difficult. So video guides aren't updated, it appeal to more audience In the end, is like saying, read the guide and get better accuracy or follow the video leader and get outdated info, which would people do more?

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight, Apr 22, 2017
  15. Majickhat55

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    I would agree, screenshots would be a great idea. Though, those also end up outdated (When was the last time the Luma Wiki was even updated?). Then if you have images that don't match the information given, it's inevitably the same fiasco.

16. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Yeah, but that just what will happen. People are hard at work on updating the actual software, to actually prepare update wiki or guides, would probably be better to have someone else along side the work to help represent it for them, or delay the release of content until wiki guides are updated at the same time.

Updates are what they always will be, something that content push first and info updated later. Have someone working close maintain each function so that is always consistent with the release.

Majickhat55 likes this.
  17. KanterZ
    OP

Oct 9, 2015
    Philippines
    Which is probably less likely. Like I said, I only redo videos if, and only if, there is a major change.
    The CFW installation now doesn't have you get your system bricked.(except for that New 3DS sleep mode-ing in 2.1)

But then again, there's that.

18. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    What about things like using data_inputv3 versus data_inputv4, or conflicts between versions of SafeA9lhInstaller and files causing bricks? You don't know what changes will happen in the future, it is possible that doing old things to new files could cause problems. You would have to subscribe to an RSS feed of the guide and retract the video whenever there is a change, and dissect it to see if there are any potential conflicts, before uploading a changed version. And if there is a conflict that you didn't detect, and someone does manage to brick their console, they will blame you for it. And someone might even manage to follow the guide in between when the change happens and when you realise there is a change. Personally I wouldn't want that on my head, but I guess it is up to you.

Majickhat55 likes this.
  19. Majickhat55

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    Yup, but it's not really helping new users when the information goes ignored when it comes to updates either. I just use Luma as an example because so many people use it, new and old; but, for example when the SD card structure for Game patching changed, there was almost no information available because it was a nightly feature change. Yet, everyone tells noobs to use the luma updater and they do. Then all of a sudden no one's ROM edits were working, QR injects broke etc and no one knew why. It wasn't added to the release notes until 7.0 which was pretty recent and the change took place shorty after 6.6.

So yeah, I think it would be nice if they maybe had someone willing to update wiki's, or add commit notes to nightlies to avoid all that.

Quantumcat likes this.
  20. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Well that was a point i was making, if someone was strictly updating wiki or guides, along with exploits or new cfw updates, then the idea of any inconsistency wouldn't exist. But then someone would have to know exactly what the people are doing with these changes to actually know what to update and provide pictures (or moving gif) for to add changes to the information. Most people work independently which is the real shame here and nightly aren't official so the updates on that wouldn't be added until is in the official releases.