Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you're renaming it to .mp4? Can't really think of any reason why it wouldn't work, I haven't had that problem myself in all the transfers I've done that way.

What about the .mp3 method instead? Maybe see if that does the same thing?

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
Yup. See attachment.

mp3? That works, too? Hmmm.... OK, let me try.

"Could not copy some content items."

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 242

Gorre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can go for the PSP save data transfer trick using this.

mega:///#!nFlxkYZA!MZDycBjJ7_wHJ82HHClhkZ4ZOEMg7JqXGWirBdhu8E4

Just drop the VHBL0123X folder in PSAVEDATA/Jibberish, and files where it says --Place Any Files Here--

GuyInDogSuit

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
You can go for the PSP save data transfer trick using this.

mega:///#!nFlxkYZA!MZDycBjJ7_wHJ82HHClhkZ4ZOEMg7JqXGWirBdhu8E4

Just drop the VHBL0123X folder in PSAVEDATA/Jibberish, and files where it says --Place Any Files Here--

I've been using that but I keep getting the error that the game needs twice as much storage as the game's size, and I have plenty of space for it anyway. So I decided to try the MP4/MP3 route.

Gorre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using that but I keep getting the error that the game needs twice as much storage as the game's size, and I have plenty of space for it anyway. So I decided to try the MP4/MP3 route.
Ah, sometimes the MP4 method blitzes the progress bar in about 15sec on a 3.5gb file, and hangs forever saying 5 seconds left so I have to use the PSP method lol.

Ganoncrotch

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I read that it's pretty common on reddit.

Are you sure that you have the file extensions showing for the files? Like you can set windows to not show you the names for known file types so rather than seeing File.vpk you would just see File to protect you from mistakenly changing the file type, if you have that set up you might well be changing the files to be called something like file.mp4.vpk which won't let you transfer them over.

Just a thought, might not be the issue.

GuyInDogSuit

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure that you have the file extensions showing for the files? Like you can set windows to not show you the names for known file types so rather than seeing File.vpk you would just see File to protect you from mistakenly changing the file type, if you have that set up you might well be changing the files to be called something like file.mp4.vpk which won't let you transfer them over.

Nope, see post #3. However, I attempted it again with an MP3 extension this time, and it didn't give me that error but rather completed. Too bad I didn't have enough space to install it, according to VitaShell. *sigh* Don't get it. I have almost 4 GB of space. Grrrr.

I did a different approach this time, tried FTP instead. First I extracted the eboot.bin and sce_sys folder, created a VPK, and installed that. It creates the app/PCSEXXXXX folders, which you can then FTP the rest of the files to the appropriate place. Takes wayyyyy longer, but ensures you have enough space without having to transfer and install a whole VPK in one shot.

GuyInDogSuit

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States

Nope, see post #3. However, I attempted it again with an MP3 extension this time, and it didn't give me that error but rather completed. Too bad I didn't have enough space to install it, according to VitaShell. *sigh* Don't get it. I have almost 4 GB of space. Grrrr.

I did a different approach this time, tried FTP instead. First I extracted the eboot.bin and sce_sys folder, created a VPK, and installed that. It creates the app/PCSEXXXXX folders, which you can then FTP the rest of the files to the appropriate place. Takes wayyyyy longer, but ensures you have enough space without having to transfer and install a whole VPK in one shot.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Maidumps are usually better for backups when it comes to low space memory cards, as you need to have double space for a VPK game. And, sometimes, the install may be bigger than the VPK file itself as a VPK is basically a .zip

GuyInDogSuit

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Maidumps are usually better for backups when it comes to low space memory cards, as you need to have double space for a VPK game. And, sometimes, the install may be bigger than the VPK file itself as a VPK is basically a .zip
Ah, crap.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho goatse device! +1