Video Quality upgrade

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been able to use an app to take an image and get substantially better quality from it. I’m curious if there is an app where I can import a video and the app could clean up the video quality for an upgrade in the visual. Thanks

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The list of asterisks is 500 long before I even get started on this but yes.

Said asterisks are however dealing with whatever is wrong -- there are usually categories of things that are wrong with videos that benefit from certain approaches to restore them, and said approaches likely doing a lot better than whatever naive AI powered upscaler or motion interpolation you care to use.

The world of fancy AI filters is changing every day it seems (granted most seem to be looking at video generation and vision options right now) but there is and have been for a while very nice upscalers that work in temporal aspects as well as spatial (invent something to fill a gap and invent something entirely new for the next frame and things break in a hurry). Can even do very well with nasty old vhs rips and old phone videos, though do find a good source to give it in the first place if you can.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you should take a look at topaz video its not free but the best for your use case

its not just a simple ai upscaler but a whole suite of tools to restore and enhance old video files

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4