Hacking Video Players for DS

Txd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello

Theres about a dozen video players for the DS.
Could someone please list all the player with pros and cons
as im trying to find a good player

Morten

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BatchDPG is the most evolved for converting vids. Moonshell is the most evolved for playing them on the DS.

I don't really know (or care) about the others.

SavageWaffle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Moonshell is the most advanced tool yet. It has a Media Player, Video Player, eBook Reader.
And yea BatchDPG is the converter needed to convert the video into a .dpg Moonshell only reads/plays a .dpg file for movies/shows.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Moonshell, if only because it is fairly featured (hit the touch screen while playing).

There are several ways to make DPG
DPGtools: what it comes with, works well enough.
BatchDPG: fairly solid converter.
EZBuilder: A bit more complex but damn good.
By hand/with script: probably the best way but I would suggest you know about video (i.e. answer what is a container, what it muxing, what is demuxing, what is a stream, what streams are used in this case and what modes are used all with instant replies) before going down this route. It is also the best way for non windows systems in my opinion.

While I find the others fascinating and great fun to play with they tend to be limited to low framerates and/or turn out massive files which spoils the viewing somewhat and makes them a bit unwieldy so when it comes to gun to temple what do I use it is moonshell still.

They only other thing might be rad video used by activision in a couple of titles but I have still yet to play around with it and it certainly will not be as easy to use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: