Video Games to receive Health Warning Labels

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is sad. Once again the politicians are scapegoating games when any 10 year old can wander into WalMart and purchase an Unrated version of any of the SAW movies. (It's not rated R!) There are descriptors on the boxes already. There is no medical evidence to back up their claim (unlike smoking which has extensive medical evidence). Any psychological evidence to support their claims has other psychological evidence that disputes their claims.

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
:/ I hope it's not like a message that pops up every 5 minutes during Gameplay.
Nope, but every time you are about to kill someone in a shooter, it'll pause and say "Please don't recreate these actions in real life, results may be fatal."

ryukyus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yet another worthless reason for idiots, to look for scapegoats because some humans are stupid and brainless, I like violent games,and played, and I never once in my life bullied nor went crazy on anyone, instead of regulating wall-street, they want to spent time, and energy on the gaming industry, I bet some anti-gaming group payed his ass.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
What I don't get is that going to warning label on all the video games from T and up, I won't be surprise if glitches inside the game will make a recall claiming the disc is broken
rofl.gif

xanth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't get up in arms over this yet; the guy only introduced the legislation. It hasn't been voted on OR ratified yet. Nor does it suggest that even on the off chance it did go into effect, it would affect anyplace other than California.

Coming up with new ideas for regulating video games seems to be a favorite for California senators. Worry about it if it actually gets passed.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xanth said:
I wouldn't get up in arms over this yet; the guy only introduced the legislation. It hasn't been voted on OR ratified yet. Nor does it suggest that even on the off chance it did go into effect, it would affect anyplace other than California.

Coming up with new ideas for regulating video games seems to be a favorite for California senators. Worry about it if it actually gets passed.

EXACTLY

the headline and gbatemp article are wrong.

it says right in the first few sentences that it was introduced, and the rest of the article talks about the bill. add to that the fact that it's on the senator's stationary, and you have a plug for his bill. NOWHERE does it say that the bill was passed, voted on, or even discussed yet.

and odds are it won't get passed, and congressman Yee, also from california, has done nothing but fail at getting his video game legislation passed.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
And here I read that playing violent games actually relieves your stress, studies revealed that playing violent games actually reduces violent actions of delinquents, they smacked everything in the game to make it up. And now he's saying the opposite? What the fuck? What's with some spoiled brats stealing cars because of GTAIV? thousands of spoiled brats didn't do it, what makes 2 spoiled brats doing it special?

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Seina said:
Anyone else notice in the first sentence his last name is ?? and then look back up at the picture?QUOTE(nl255 @ Jan 20 2009, 01:06 PM) Sounds like Joe Baka to me.
I thought the exact same thing when I saw his name
tongue.gif

"Joe Stupid"

He looks like a Republican supporter for the NRA, which if true, his name would fit him because he'd be supporting real guns but he'd also be against guns in video games.

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
"WARNING: Excessive exposure to violent video games and other violent media has been linked to aggressive behavior."

If this is true then how come there are so many people that play violent games and are not in jail, this whole thing seems ridiculous to me, I've been 'exposed' to lots of violent video games for years, and I'm a nice non-violent person. Hell, I think most movies and a lot of what airs on television is worse than most teen rated video games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4