Homebrew Video Games Hero

adamrgolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Praetor192 said:
I said this already.
You should not act like your opinion is the only one that matters/counts. If someone else states something they would like to see changed/fixed then it is only letting the dev know that more users than just you care enough to mention it.

Praetor192

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
You should not act like your opinion is the only one that matters/counts. If someone else states something they would like to see changed/fixed then it is only letting the dev know that more users than just you care enough to mention it.
You should chill, and seeing as it is just unnecessary clutter, I find it annoying trying to look past all the shit to see the things that actually matter. Like why there are 4-5 topics on this game all across on GBATemp. I don't needa see things 5 times. Its like looking at comments on youtube, looking at the things that matter only to find "LOL" "LOL!!" "1st" "FIrST!!?!?@!?!!1!1!!" "mUdKiPzzzz~!!" etc spammed all over. I would rather see things that are actually important, and not just regurgitated garbage.

Also, get off your high-fucking-horse. I can say what I want when I want.

adamrgolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Praetor192 said:
QUOTE said:
You should chill, and seeing as it is just unnecessary clutter, I find it annoying trying to look past all the shit to see the things that actually matter. Like why there are 4-5 topics on this game all across on GBATemp. I don't needa see things 5 times. Its like looking at comments on youtube, looking at the things that matter only to find "LOL" "LOL!!" "1st" "FIrST!!?!?@!?!!1!1!!" "mUdKiPzzzz~!!" etc spammed all over. I would rather see things that are actually important, and not just regurgitated garbage.

My post and psycoblaster's post were far from "LOL" or "FIRST!".

QUOTE(Praetor192 @ Aug 25 2008, 01:57 AM)

And I can't? I think you're the one that needs to chill.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Praetor192 said:
QUOTE said:

well then same for me.
On my reply, I said the following were my opinions. are you trying to tell me that i'm not allowed to post my opinions if they were stated already?

my opinions are mine and yours is yours. you don't need to leech around and object to other's opinions.
and btw,

GET OFF YOUR HIGH FUCKING HORSE. I CAN SAY WHAT I WANT WHEN I WANT.
Oh wait i have to speak in your rude language:
i'm saying that this is a "minigamecompilationofgetoffyourfuckinghorsebitchcuzicansaywhatiwantwheniwan
"

What I meant by
-Some songs kind of stop in the middle (or is that me) - for such songs, if there is a volume fade in the end, it should sound a little better
is that some songs end in inappropriate times. I don't know if that's just me, but if it's made that way, there should be a fade on the end rather than a cut off during the middle of the song.

"musicminigamecompilationretardedness"
when was i even talking about minigames or compilations?
I was stating how expert was still easy for me (probably cuz of years off djmax and o2jam)
but I just remembered that one console game that a boss would temporarily jack up your controller, turn off your tv screen, all which gives more difficulty.

and about the good bad thingy

When texts cover up your notes, and when backgrounds and other stuff distract you, that's what makes a music game difficult.

and sorry to all of you on this but:
if you can't get an 85% or above on a track on this game on expert, you really do suck.

sumiguchi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Filter said:
Wont let me download says bandwidth exceeded.
I've updated the link in the first post to go to a reliable host - which is also the download link on VideoGamesHero.com - Or as adamrgolf said - gbatemp has been kind enough to host as well.

adamrgolf & Praetor192 - I appreciate both your comments and with the thread being six pages - probably new users jump the end so don't worry about duplication of suggestions/bug reports etc. I'm keeping track
grog.gif

I promised a new version to provide compatibility for N-Card, Firecard, MK5 and DS Linker users and I am sorry that it hasn't been released yet. The release also includes a couple of bug fixes and 2 new sets.... (electronic & rock/metal) I've incorporated some of the suggestions, but haven't had time to address them all.

The current build is undergoing QA so I expect to get it out soon. Please keep an eye out for an update here
smile.gif
Thanks!

pilotwangs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sumiguchi said:
Filter said:
Wont let me download says bandwidth exceeded.
I've updated the link in the first post to go to a reliable host - which is also the download link on VideoGamesHero.com - Or as adamrgolf said - gbatemp has been kind enough to host as well.

adamrgolf & Praetor192 - I appreciate both your comments and with the thread being six pages - probably new users jump the end so don't worry about duplication of suggestions/bug reports etc. I'm keeping track
grog.gif

I promised a new version to provide compatibility for N-Card, Firecard, MK5 and DS Linker users and I am sorry that it hasn't been released yet. The release also includes a couple of bug fixes and 2 new sets.... (electronic & rock/metal) I've incorporated some of the suggestions, but haven't had time to address them all.

The current build is undergoing QA so I expect to get it out soon. Please keep an eye out for an update here
smile.gif
Thanks!

That made me happy.

Im glad you listen to your fans,and take notice of what they would like to see and what improvements need to be done,because I know alot of devs don't bother to check what people are saying.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Add in my "this game is awesome"... the video game music makes it cooler, I think. Too bad I suck at it, lol...

edit: yay for the update! this and lemmings ds are my official 2 fav homebrew now, sans emus.

Icey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
*SIGH* Would you all stop with the off-topic bullshit and take it to PM's or AIM or something?
And for unlocking two of the songs in the last stage put the DS date to Your Birthday and load Video Games Hero and than put the DS date to Christmas and load Video Games Hero for the other one.
smile.gif

sumiguchi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Video Games Hero - Update 1 is now available!

If you already have the game - please just download the patch otherwise the full download includes Update 1. You can find it here: www.videogameshero.com/download.php

This features:
1. 10 New Bonus Songs
2. Options to Disable Motion Detection (NCard MK5, FireKard, DS Linker users and anyone else that has the game freeze when you try to play a song - just go to the options and turn OFF motion)
3. Options to Disable Guitar Grip Detection - some false detection found with rumble and slot 2 motion cards can be prevented by turning off guitar grip detection.
4. New sound effects
5. Bug fix for the "Rock A Doodle" and "The Entertainer" bugs. *Note you will still be awarded the Hard or Expert Tour Complete award one last time!
6. Several other minor corrections
7. Some correction to song length (I missed some
frown.gif
)

Enjoy!

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The sound FXs are much better sumiguchi, great job. The only problem is the volume difference in some songs, which sometimes makes the SFX completely unnoticeable.

I'm glad to know that the game is very easily upgradable and that you've brought out new songs so quickly. Do you have any plans for hold notes? I feel thats one of the few things missing from this. Everything else is extremely well done.

EDIT: Also need to turn off backlight when the DS is closed to save battery life.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, nice job cant wait to try this out. I was sad because I had completed the game ( I actually sat down and played through the game for 2 or 3 days before work) but now its like DLC for the 360!

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
silent sniper said:
how do u play hard or expert with the guitar grip?
It automatically detects the grip, if it's there, then it removes the last track.

This is a really nice piece of homebrew. I wouldn't mind if the file size was bigger to include more songs.

sumiguchi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DeMoN said:
silent sniper said:
how do u play hard or expert with the guitar grip?
It automatically detects the grip, if it's there, then it removes the last track.

This is a really nice piece of homebrew. I wouldn't mind if the file size was bigger to include more songs.
lol That's totally not true
tongue.gif
On Hard or Expert, you use the D-Pad left (when ds is held normally) for one of the tracks... It does auto detect the grip though
wink.gif
but only so that you can use it.

You can play the equivalent of expert with 4 tracks in the bonus mode Grip Mania
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also the wood ui for twl menu is back... +2