• Replies 70

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mental problems?
This is fuckin' true. First time I ever played GTA IV, I walked outside an my mind was still in that "gamer mood"... every car I spotted was a potential target and every time I noticed a bike, I would double-take.
I also killed some crows yesterday to see if I would get a flash grenade and combined gems and a torch but got no laser sword.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh, yeah, I've got mental problems. Oh, yeah.
tongue.gif
I didn't start playing video games/watching tv/using the comp a lot until I was 13, though.

No, I could NEVER have mental problems because I was bullied in school up until I moved in 6th grade. I could NEVER have mental problems from being a social dropout who couldn't make friends without being made fun of and bullied for it.
mad.gif

So yes, all of the problems I had in grade school were because I played video games for 20 minutes a day, watched about an hour of shows every 2 days, and played on the computer for 2 hours a week. Yes.
/sarcasm

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
Sensationalist headline much? You should work for the Mail or Sun. Nowhere does it say that games cause mental issues, there is even a relevant quote in the article:

"Dr. Thomas N. Robinson of the Stanford University School of Medicine, who was not involved in the study, said the new research was not enough to decipher whether the relationship between screen time and psychological wellbeing was truly cause-and-effect.

Robinson noted that his own related research, conducted in this way, found that limiting screen time reduced weight gain, aggression and consumer behaviors in kids."

Games (like drugs) very rarely (if ever) cause mental issues, but games (just like drugs) can certainly exacerbate a pre-existing condition (diagnosed or not). You just need to read a few gaming forums to come into contact with those with serious mental issues that aren't helped by their gameplaying.

Amak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Psychological problems" was never defined, so this is just another pointless study. Anything can cause issues, attempting to pin it on one cause is pure crap.

Sephxus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They found psychological disorder risks on children out of a survey?

These are fuck up researchers. They should do a fucking experiment before making such claims.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E