Gaming Video card crash

MarioBrotha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I'm playing a graphic intensive game, like Starcraft 2 or Prototype, it ALWAYS crashes. What I don't know is when it happens. The music still plays, so it looks like my game is still playing, but my screen blacks out, it goes to sleep since it's not getting any signal.
I have upgraded my drivers and Directx, but it still happens. It sounds like a heating issue, but I have no idea how to deal with those. How do I fix this?

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's either an overheating issue or a power supply issue. To test if it's a heat issue, you can try opening the side of the case and stick a fan directed at the GPU. If it is then you either have to use the warranty or reseat the heatsink using some thermal compound like Arctic Silver. If it's a power supply issue, then you'll have to buy a better power supply.

D

Deleted User

MarioBrotha said:
Whenever I'm playing a graphic intensive game, like Starcraft 2 or Prototype, it ALWAYS crashes. What I don't know is when it happens. The music still plays, so it looks like my game is still playing, but my screen blacks out, it goes to sleep since it's not getting any signal.
I have upgraded my drivers and Directx, but it still happens. It sounds like a heating issue, but I have no idea how to deal with those. How do I fix this?
*nvm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool