Very noisy computer

gengardenne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As the title say,lately I had an uncommon problem with my desktop pc: when I was using it normally(and always when putting the device on standby mode and booting again) at some points it overheated and I believe fan was running too fast.
The other day I was very worried(the pc has less than 2 years and so shouldn't have problems related to old component),and I checked the CPU fan trying to clean from dust a little and ,for now, this problem is solved.
I'm not a technical and I don't know if this issue can repeat one day when no one expect so I just want ask if some people here encountered the same situation I had and ,if yes,can give some notes about what I had;maybe was fault of dust covering the fan?My room easily become a little dirty and I'm pretty sure this could be the real problem.What do you think about?
Below there's a proof video I did before moving components when everytime I booted the weird sound always happended.

Attachments

• VID_20211010_232234.mp4
    3.7 MB

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

That sounds like some Fans (Case or Graphics Card ?) starts suddenly on Full Speed.
Do you have some Tool/Software installed to control them ?
Maybe have a look in the UEFI/BIOS to check the Settings.:unsure:

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it's a laptop, maybe try a laptop cooler. I bought one for both my laptop and my parents'. it contains usb ports, but they're pretty weak, so I don't use them.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it is desktop you would want to take a look at the temperature the component inside are running, high temperature will bump up fan temperature, for example a gpu that run hot will bump up fan to cool down the system. Use CPUID Hardware monitor.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question, was this a custom build and what are your specs for the PSU/CPU/GPU?

Fan kickup might be a sign of improper heat dissipation caused by dust build up or dried up thermal paste that needs to be re-applied. It can also be an issue with power draw as well.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
As the title say,lately I had an uncommon problem with my desktop pc: when I was using it normally(and always when putting the device on standby mode and booting again) at some points it overheated and I believe fan was running too fast.
The other day I was very worried(the pc has less than 2 years and so shouldn't have problems related to old component),and I checked the CPU fan trying to clean from dust a little and ,for now, this problem is solved.
I'm not a technical and I don't know if this issue can repeat one day when no one expect so I just want ask if some people here encountered the same situation I had and ,if yes,can give some notes about what I had;maybe was fault of dust covering the fan?My room easily become a little dirty and I'm pretty sure this could be the real problem.What do you think about?
Below there's a proof video I did before moving components when everytime I booted the weird sound always happended.

Any News for your "noisy" PC please ? 😉

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte