Gaming Verify PSX ISO's

PityOnU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using a number of "clean" ROM databases to check most of my ROM's recently (like no-intro), and I'm wondering if there is something like this for PSX ISO's? I want to load my old games onto my PSP, but I just want to check if they were ripped correctly first.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Intro/NFO sites keep info on scene releases, whereas this site seems to keep info on the actual game discs.

In scene releases there's always situations where a dump was found to not follow the rules (not a full dump, not packaged correctly, etc.) and was removed, and sometimes dumps for games simply don't exist, which is why they don't have everything.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In addition to what Rydian said handhelds aside the idea of numbering and keeping a proper catalogue of releases is quite new not to mention older consoles had some odd methods/complete hacks and little in the way of protection so ripping to fit on smaller discs, modded games (intros, AP removal, trainers) and hacked games (the idea of the translation not available but present on the disc has been several times) did exist and in some cases was even encouraged not to mention things like sector by sector ripping was not always done*. I had not seen daxtu's link before so thanks for that daxtu, http://www.abgx.net/ has a tiny bit more info on some older systems but again the idea of complete databases and purity to match is quite new. You already seem to know about no-intro and I do not think any no-intro "competitors" from back when like GARP/garpland exist in any real form or would have had any additional info although TOSEC[url] is still active and might have something of note and http://pocketheaven.com/ph/releases/ might as well be added to your bookmarks.

*the original xbox with games like KOTOR started out with file by file rips but those were seen to be slower, have texture pop and such where originals and sector by sector rips were not and it turned out the developers had tweaked the layout of the files on the disc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended