Verify PSX ISO's

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by PityOnU, Jul 20, 2012.

Jul 20, 2012

Verify PSX ISO's by PityOnU at 4:07 AM (2,059 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. PityOnU
    OP

Member PityOnU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I've been using a number of "clean" ROM databases to check most of my ROM's recently (like no-intro), and I'm wondering if there is something like this for PSX ISO's? I want to load my old games onto my PSP, but I just want to check if they were ripped correctly first.

2. daxtsu

Member daxtsu -

Antarctica
    http://redump.org/discs/system/psx/ ?

1 person likes this.
  3. PityOnU
    OP

Member PityOnU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Wow! They are... comprehensive! I guess that maybe their regulations are less stringent than no-intro?

Either way, this is excellent. Thank you very much!

4. daxtsu

Member daxtsu -

Antarctica
    I'm not sure what their regulations are, but it's a handy database for GC games, PS1 games, etc. Enjoy. :P

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Intro/NFO sites keep info on scene releases, whereas this site seems to keep info on the actual game discs.

In scene releases there's always situations where a dump was found to not follow the rules (not a full dump, not packaged correctly, etc.) and was removed, and sometimes dumps for games simply don't exist, which is why they don't have everything.

6. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    In addition to what Rydian said handhelds aside the idea of numbering and keeping a proper catalogue of releases is quite new not to mention older consoles had some odd methods/complete hacks and little in the way of protection so ripping to fit on smaller discs, modded games (intros, AP removal, trainers) and hacked games (the idea of the translation not available but present on the disc has been several times) did exist and in some cases was even encouraged not to mention things like sector by sector ripping was not always done*. I had not seen daxtu's link before so thanks for that daxtu, http://www.abgx.net/ has a tiny bit more info on some older systems but again the idea of complete databases and purity to match is quite new. You already seem to know about no-intro and I do not think any no-intro "competitors" from back when like GARP/garpland exist in any real form or would have had any additional info although TOSEC is still active and might have som... tweaked the layout of the files on the disc.