ver 3.3u Backup Loading Issues

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by dah69, Jul 11, 2009.

Jul 11, 2009

ver 3.3u Backup Loading Issues by dah69 at 9:07 PM (1,868 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. dah69
    OP

Newcomer dah69 Member

United States
    Hey guys, i'll try and explain my setup to the best of my ability then the problem i am having with everything

Please bare with me i have been scavenging info off boards all over the place including this one ALLL night and cant seem to get what i need working

Okay so heres what i have
    -a console w/o the lu7 whatever serial number
    -Version 3.3u Firmware
    -Installed Homebrew(can go through homebrew menus and boot the channel up fine)
    -Usbloader gx(main problem here)
    i believe i installed all the cIOS files appropriately but here is my problem

Whenever i try and boot a game using ANY loader utility i get the same result

Its a black screen that seems to completely lock up my wii until i hold the power button for 4 seconds
    i have tried loading with the error002 thing on,anti,off
    tried a bunch of combos in software.

If i had to guess i would believe it has something to do with me missing an install step.

Most of the full guides i found online were how to setup on a 4.0 system...should i upgrade to 4.0 and follow these guides.

I feel like i am so close to getting everything to work and i have been up since 12 last night doing it.

Please if anyone can help or at least refer me to a place that can help i would be extremely grateful

I'm really trying to get some punch out time in!

Thanks guys

P.s. btw my sd card is loaded with a bunch of cIOS's and fixes...i am tryin to just wipe it and start over i think before i mess something up

2. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Im pretty sure punch out needs some newer ios files that 3.3 doesnt have.You can search on that issue and see if your are missing some and then just find the wad files of the ios files your missing and install them with wad manager or just use waninkoko 4.0 updater and upgrade to 4.0.
    You can still do almost everything you would be able to on 3.3 on 4.0 so its not a big loss.Im not even sure if 3.3 has any benefits over 4.0 anymore or not.Most people now use 4.0 to take advantage of the sd menu and playing wiii ware/vc games from the sd card.

3. dah69
    OP

Newcomer dah69 Member

United States
    Thanks a lot i'll try it out...

From what i read earlier people made it seem like a bad thing to upgrade to the 4.0 version.

Okay so what do you recommend i do. cause like i said my SD card is loaded. What files should i have on there to get the proper upgrader and cIOS files i need.

4. icebrg5

United States
    Im currently on 4.0

Ive had no issues with any homebrew at all.

All the loaders work for me.Although since the usb loaders have been out i havent tried any disc backups,but from reading your original post it looks like your using the gx loader so discs arent really an issue.

If i was you i would update your cios to rev12.
    I would also update to 4.0 you will still be able to use the usb loaders and all homebrew.

First get the ciosrev12installer.You can google for this if you want or get it from waninkokos blog.Just google "waninkoko blog" and it should be the first result.

While your on his blog also download his 4.0 updater.This will update you to 4.0 and let you keep all the trucha ios files on your wii.If you update through nintendo to 4.0 you will loose the trucha bug.You can still update through nintendo if you want but you will need to run another program after doing so called IOS Downgrader.Its also on waninkokos blog.If you update through nintendo make sure you get the right program.Its called IOS DOWNGRADER not CIOS DOWNGRADER they are two seperate programs.

Once you have the ciosrev12installer and 4.0 updater downloaded i would run the ciosrev12 installer first and then update to 4.0.

The ciosrev12installer will only take a few minutes.The 4.0 updater will take closer to 30 minutes.

Also im assuming you have an internet connection for your wii.If you dont you will need to do the wad install of the ciosrev12installer.Just read the readmii file that comes with the ciosrev12installer for more info on that.

Also to use the 4.0 updater you will need an internet connection.As far as i know there is no offline install for it.

5. dah69
    OP

Newcomer dah69 Member

United States
    Perfect i'm going through all the steps now as we speak. just did the rev 12 install and i did it on IOS 249 only.

Just for the hell of it i tried my Loader gx now and it still gave me the black screen.

I am going to the the system update now.

Hopefully this will fix everything.

for rev 12 to be fully installed does installing it on ios 249 do the trick?

will post back after update.

thanks again for your help i been doing this pretty much for the last two days straight w/o any luck of booting one game. Pals Ntfs nothing..

edit: BTW any update i do on IOS36(which is what a lot of the previous guides say to do) i get error (ret= -2011) which on all the older guides says that error means i have ver 4.0
    idk if that helps just figured i would include it anyway. I am def version 3.3u according to data management.

6. icebrg5

United States
  7. dah69
    OP

Newcomer dah69 Member

United States
    UPDATE:

Okay i just got done installing the IOS and the upgrade for ver 4

My wii is now Ver 4.0 and my homebrew channel wil not work.

If i click on it the screen goes black. I'm guessing i should uninstall homebrew channel and reinstall it?

i already deleted the loader and everything because its useless w/o a working homebrew.

Looks like i'm back at square 1 except now w/ version 4.0 haha

get back to me when u can any help is appreciated

8. icebrg5

United States
    get banner bomb and run the hackmii installer beta2.

With that you can install the latest homebrew channel.

9. dah69
    OP

Newcomer dah69 Member

United States
    okay reinstalled homebrew. its now booting up and it asked me to install 1.0.3 the new version. So i did that went through the whole if you paid for this you got scammed blah blah.

Homebrew is back working. i used a disk backup program to test on a burned dvd i had...still same black screen and freeze up..

Tried using usb loader. screen popped up saying searching for device gave me the option to click clOS249 or 222. i clicked 249 and my usb drive that has been working now cannot be read.

my guess is even if it could be read i would get the same black screen.

Did i stump you yet? cause i'm about to throw my wii out the window [​IMG]

Edit: got the flash drive to be recognized again...Updating usb loader GX through the in game update utility now...going to try and load mario kart off the flash drive...froze before i got to try. rebooting now..will update with a yay or nay shortly

10. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    cIOS_r12 is based on IOS38 and it needs to have the HDD plugged into the lower USB slot (left if watching from the front part), if it doesn't work, try using Configurable USB Loader (or any other USB/SD/DVD loader) with a lower cIOS revision (like cIOS_r9), we need to know if it is the cIOS or the loader..!! [​IMG]

11. dah69
    OP

Newcomer dah69 Member

United States
    Okay making progress.

after i updated the GX through in game update utility every time the system read my flahs drive it locked up.. so i deleted and just elft the version that i d/led on there.

when i load the mario kart image from the flash drive i get a black screen full of white code

Exception(dsi) occured
    a ton of code

stack dump
    more code

code dump
    more code

Hopefully this is a step in the right direction. let me know if you have any ideas. i feel like i can get this up and running tonight!

12. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    This is a CODE DUMP and it is normal in older versions, that is why you need to use the latest version always...!! [​IMG]

13. dah69
    OP

Newcomer dah69 Member

United States
    latest version of what?

gx was updated and thats when iot started doing it.

i reinstalled gx w/o updating and just black screen again

i will try to re update it again. if thats what you were talkin about by latest version.

edit: Updating to REV584 now...just keeps freezing trying to load my flash drive...

another bit of info that may or may not help...whenever i try to get game covers it gets to 100 percent then says something about nothing the database.

14. dah69
    OP

Newcomer dah69 Member

United States
    okay i did a few things since last post if anyone is still out there who can help me

i switched my cIOS to cIOS_r10 and it seems a lot more compatible.

i was able to download new version of gx w/o the freezes.
    my flashdrive is recognized w/o having to plug in and unplug

i downloaded an alternate loader also to rule out the loader problem

still with both loaders

BLACK SCREEN
    no text just a complete black screen freeze.
    i am copying a new iso to my flashdrive to try out (resident evil) just in case it was the iso.

any help would be appreciated.

15. icebrg5

United States
    What games are you trying to load that are giving the black screen freezes?

Not all games will play all the time.Some require you to tweak some settings in the games settings menu.That might be an issue.

Also ive ran into some games where the first time they load it gives a black screen and freezes,but if i restart the wii and try it again it works.I dont know why it does this or what causes it but sometimes it just happens.

Another thing it could be but idk for sure is maybe your hard drive is going to sleep to soon and thats why nothing is loading properly.

I doubt its that though.I havent seen any reports of hard drives going to sleep that quick with the usb loaders but its always a possibility.

16. dah69
    OP

Newcomer dah69 Member

United States
    i have tried multiple games.

Mario kart
    animal crossings
    paper mario
    mario galaxy(disc) and booted
    and now i'm about to try punch out

btw i'm not using a harddrive just a flashdrive so there is no sleep on it.

basically no loader is working they are all doing the same thing black screen.

to load the games onto the flash drive i been using wbfs manager 3.0
    i feel like i am doing everything right but every loader gives a black screen.

Is there a specific ios that handles the boot portion off a usb drive.

cause if there was it would make sense if something was wrong there.

but idk what to do now. i have tried a bunch of upgrades and downgrades.

Edit: IDK what happened but i got punchout to load. i'm not going to mess w/ it just gonna play
    in the meantime if anyone has any idea whats going on with my setup let me know

17. icebrg5

United States
    Could be bad rips of the games.

are they your own rips or downloaded rips?

Seems unlikely that all those games your trying would be bad rips.

18. dah69
    OP

Newcomer dah69 Member

United States
    they are all downloads.

but comments were all positive. which is confusing....idk i just got a partition on my external and now i'm actually loading all the games onto the same thing..instead of a damn 4 gig flash drive.

so we shall see how all this turns out.

but punch out is sick!

can u recommend any good place to get wii rips(ignore if thats against policy)

also what are some cool homebrew apps u got into.
    I'm lookin to get as much as i can out of this wii.

Also i am able to delete most of the stuff on the sd card now except for my apps folder correct.

cause all those cIOS files and WAD files r already installed. No further use

Final Update: most likely the problem was due to bad rips. Even though i torrented rips with high comments thats the only thing i can attribute this to. because i still have about 5 games that actually work now.(after finally getting my partition and seagate to work together)