Veganism...minor rant...

MuppetInvasion

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe what i said wasn't meant to be taken so literally.
huh.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
astrangeone said:
Yeah, my friend is a vegan - basically avoiding everything that uses animal products (eg. gelatin, fats, whatever). He hates on butter/milk/eggs because we take things away from animals for our own causes. I say the same thing for plants - you take the seeds and process them - the seeds are the way the plants reproduce!

except we grow the plants specially for harvesting their seeds, and vegetables, ect...
its not like people just found a field of plants and took everything and the plants died off,
we grow them on farms in a controlled area, once the season ends we harvest the crops and seeds
then just regrow them next season

MuppetInvasion

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
astrangeone said:
Yeah, my friend is a vegan - basically avoiding everything that uses animal products (eg. gelatin, fats, whatever). He hates on butter/milk/eggs because we take things away from animals for our own causes. I say the same thing for plants - you take the seeds and process them - the seeds are the way the plants reproduce!

except we grow the plants specially for harvesting their seeds, and vegetables, ect...
its not like people just found a field of plants and took everything and the plants died off,
we grow them on farms in a controlled area, once the season ends we harvest the crops and seeds
then just regrow them next season

We also breed animals especially for harvesting. Its the same thing except one makes sound and moves.
lecture.gif

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Vegans....ugh. In short, there are a number of vegetables/plants with higher iron levels than red meat. Which is true, and vegetarians etc use as propaganda. But the form that the iron is in cannot be easily broken down and absorbed, which is a very inefficient and not much iron is actually absorbed into the body. Meanwhile with red meat, thanks to the human body and evolution/ or creation (what ever rattles ya snake), the body easily breaks down the iron compounds in red meat and absorbs it very efficiently. The other funny thing is the Human body is quite adept at digesting meat easily, meanwhile a lot of plants/vegetables etc are not properly digested.....which is why you can notice, corn, peanuts etc in your faecal matter.

Davess

On the list :D (Thanks Haflore)
Trophies
Website
www.daviddavid.webs.com
XP
Country
Canada
spinal_cord said:
Jothri said:
df07_01-08_steak.jpg
?Rare steak FTW

Why would you bother cooking that much of the meat? if you want the inside raw, why not have the outside raw also?
Gotta get the Char

smileipb2.png

Edit:

To leave on a mature note, All Meat, Veggies, molds (Cheese, Tofu?) Have come Into Indirect contact with a dead animal, If:

Cow Dies dies on a field -> Molds Break down the tissue into Nutrients, (Dirt) -> Farmer plants seeds -> Grows Lettuce -> Your mouth -> Preaching hatred of eating meat.

Your eating once was a Dead cows Corpse.

Called the Energy (nutrient) cycle. Should of learned that in Grade 7

Think about it: Earth has had the Same amount of

Water
Nutrients
Oxygen

Energy is Transferred Into one object to Another
Energy Cannot be Made or Destroyed.

From Day 1, However you believe Day one Happened.

/.>>>Davess

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
BoxShot said:
spinal_cord said:
Same reason that you are in the world.

The exact same way that most animals live, BY EATING PLANTS.

You require animals to learn to count and spell and type and sing and draw? Tell me how much of your own work is done by animals, then tell me how many of those job are impossible for humans to do.

You may now counter my responses, take your time is you wish.
1. Uh true I suppose. Still if we don't use our resources then why have them?
2. Ever heard of carnivores?
3. Well this is more of back then before machines but where did I say that we couldn't do it? We are lazy and we do like machines to do our work.
4. Alright your turn.
tongue.gif

1. They are not OUR resources, Far too often humans consider them selves to OWN the plant. We have no more right to it that any other animal. A cow does not automatically belong to humans just because it is a cow. WE don't have these animals as resources. You might as well butcher up and eat your friends and family.

2. Indeed, however there are many many species of animals that not only do fine without eating meat, some of them do much better. Plant life is far more abundant than animal life.

3. Laziness is no excuse for anything. Enslaving animals (including) just because you are too lazy to do the work yourself is well, wrong. How would you like it if a bear came and forced you to plow a field for him?

4. hmmm.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:
1. They are not OUR resources, Far too often humans consider them selves to OWN the plant. We have no more right to it that any other animal. A cow does not automatically belong to humans just because it is a cow. WE don't have these animals as resources. You might as well butcher up and eat your friends and family.

2. Indeed, however there are many many species of animals that not only do fine without eating meat, some of them do much better. Plant life is far more abundant than animal life.

3. Laziness is no excuse for anything. Enslaving animals (including) just because you are too lazy to do the work yourself is well, wrong. How would you like it if a bear came and forced you to plow a field for him?

4. hmmm.
1. True not exactly ours but apparently the inflated ego of humans with our free will and thought process it is now considered ours. It is how the world has become with us with our possessions. You see people are very materialistic compared to other species.
2. Still you can't just tell a lion for example to stop eating meat and eat only plants. It could die from having a complete change in its diet. Even if more people converted to eating plants that would cause an overpopulation of animals and an underpopulation of plants. Then what would we do? Eat meat! (Obviously not enough people would convert to do this so this is more of just a thought)
3. No one would like that and yes laziness isn't an excuse but a lot of people use it anyways. Now do animals like having owners that make then do things? Same thing applies no one likes having others telling what to do.
mellow.gif

Side note: Feels good to rant since I haven't ranted in a long while.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
As a way of exiting this thread, I will point out that you actually agreed with me on a few points.
I only popped in to argue somebody's point, I didn't care which side I argued on, buy your comment about countering vegans arguments inspired me to try and beat you. I am happy to call that rant a draw.

However, I do eat meat and although I agree with some of the vegan/vegetarian arguments, I am too lazy to change my ways, so I will continue eating meat.

Davess

On the list :D (Thanks Haflore)
Trophies
Website
www.daviddavid.webs.com
XP
Country
Canada
spinal_cord said:
As a way of exiting this thread, I will point out that you actually agreed with me on a few points.
I only popped in to argue somebody's point, I didn't care which side I argued on, buy your comment about countering vegans arguments inspired me to try and beat you. I am happy to call that rant a draw.

However, I do eat meat and although I agree with some of the vegan/vegetarian arguments, I am too lazy to change my ways, so I will continue eating meat.
Yay, the most mature/ true post!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system