Hacking VC Rom Swap.. Chrono Trigger?

mikagami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if anyone has seen this yet, but there's a Chrono.Trigger.PAL.VC.TEST floating around. Has anyone else seen this? Can anyone with a PAL console verify this..?

sfunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
jalaneme said:
whats the point when there are snes console AND handheld emus that can play this game fine?

Presumably so he can play it from the comfort of his Wii without having to stray from the main menu?

mikagami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
whats the point when there are snes console AND handheld emus that can play this game fine?

You're missing the point. If this is legit, then we will have access to a near perfect emulators for every console VC supports. But then again, I guess if jalaneme doesn't find it useful, then it's no good!
rolleyes.gif

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
there is snes emulators for xbox, gamecube, psp, ds, take you pick! and you can still play on your tv, no difference! u really didn't get what i was saying did you?
Or maybe you don't understand that maybe there's people with a Wii, and not those systems, and they want to play it on their TV.

Mooshywooshy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cant we just not enforce personal opinions? If someone wants something, then they want it for some reason or another. What if someone only has an unmodded wii? They couldnt just walk around and plug in one of their other 23948723 modded consoles to play a Snes game.

jurai

Trophies
XP
Country
just insert roms into a VC channel yourself, noone needs an entire copied romset of super nintendo roms in vc channels

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
there is snes emulators for xbox, gamecube, psp, ds, take you pick! and you can still play on your tv, no difference! u really didn't get what i was saying did you?
Why was the Virtual Console created in the first place, then?

Mooshywooshy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well it gave me an error when installing, but comparing the rom and the 00000000005.app in a hex editor, there is an exact copy of the rom in the middle of the code.

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ssmatt said:
If this is real, someone get Conkers Bad Fur Day and the Banjo's on there. NOW.

and what good would that do you? you'd end up with issues ranging from sound problems to graphics issues all the way to game crashes. the games don't have their "own" emulator with them for nothing, the emu is specifically modified to work with one game.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
About inserting N64 roms. If it's anything like the one for the Gamecube N64 emulator then I guess you're really, really limited to what roms you can put in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.