VC Resolution Question

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Gring0_Starr, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Gring0_Starr
    OP

Gring0_Starr Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2018
    United States
    Is it possible to make it where when booting GBA or GBC games they will display in their native resolution without holding Start or Select? I would much prefer being able to do so.

2. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh.

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    From this discussion chain here.

If your 3DS is new series, the latest nightly builds of mGBA emulator has gotten fairly fast with GBA games; this emulator also does GBC and GB.

Itzumi likes this.
  3. RandomMan25XX

RandomMan25XX GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2012
    United States
    On Your Hard Drive
    if you're making injects you can set the screen size to always be in pixel perfect mode

TurdPooCharger likes this.
  4. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    Never heard of this, how?

5. LiveLatios

LiveLatios Profesionnal Scalie

Nov 16, 2015
    Canada
    why
    if you're using a GBA VC you use it the same way you use the original resolution on a DS game, by holding start & select, for the gbc i think it's either the same, or there's a setting

6. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    Yes I know about start/select, the claim was that there was a setting in the injection to do this automatically so you don't have to hold start/select. I've seen the question asked several times before and the answer was always "no."

7. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The Backup Reminder

Mar 28, 2018
    Germany
    Open the menu "Tools" and select "Options" in NSUI.
    There are pixel perfect options for Game Boy(Color)/NES/Famicom(Disk System). Sadly not for GBA. Pixel perfect works without pushing Start/Select but the border image is only used if you press one of the buttons.
    PixelPerfectVC.

Rahkeesh and TurdPooCharger like this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted