Gaming VC PKMN Red "The save data is corrupted and will be reset"

DarkLordVader

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Done a system transfer from a regular 3DS to another regular 3DS. I copy and pasted the SD contents onto another SD card to use with the 3DS I transferred to and now I get "The save data is corrupted and will be reset" when I try and play Pokemon Red.

Any fix? What's happened?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to be using the SD card from your source console if you're not already; or copy the files to the other SD card. Does it actually load the save though? As stated it only happens when the secure data value of the game changes from the last time you've saved. If anything, you should get the message but it should still load your save fine. You can try going to the download page in eShop and "repairing" the game, but other than that there isn't much you can do without homebrew/CFW as far as troubleshooting.

DarkLordVader

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I copied all the files from the source SD to a blank SD. I
You need to be using the SD card from your source console if you're not already; or copy the files to the other SD card. Does it actually load the save though? As stated it only happens when the secure data value of the game changes from the last time you've saved. If anything, you should get the message but it should still load your save fine. You can try going to the download page in eShop and "repairing" the game, but other than that there isn't much you can do without homebrew/CFW as far as troubleshooting.

I copied the SD data to another SD card [both we're SDs that we're supplied with the consoles].

I might try another System Transfer and use the original 3DS with its SD card, just have to wait a few more days.

For reference it seems alot of people get this problem with the VC Pokemon games, some claiming other games saves we're fine.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I copied all the files from the source SD to a blank SD. I

I copied the SD data to another SD card [both we're SDs that we're supplied with the consoles].

I might try another System Transfer and use the original 3DS with its SD card, just have to wait a few more days.

For reference it seems alot of people get this problem with the VC Pokemon games, some claiming other games saves we're fine.
Yeah it should have been read just fine if copied everything over. A lot of people don't realize they have to continue using the SAME SD card after the transfer too unless they copy the "Nintendo 3DS" folder to their new SD card afterwards. Depending on HOW you backed up your SD card, how you copied it back, what kind of SD card it is, if it's a fake clone, has bad sectors, you didn't eject it properly etc, can all lead to corruption of files though. Not saying that's what happened here but it's a pretty common thing to happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o