VC Guitar Hero Audio Issue

HondaBoy619

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all! I'm a huge fan of the Guitar Hero games and was a large factor in purchasing my Wii U in the last couple of months. However, I am having issues with all of them as Virtual Console injects. This is my preferred way to play them, as for one its the easiest to use, but I also can't use USB Loader GX on the vWii because my USB hard drive is formatted for the Wii U. I had so many issues trying to get the USB hard drive on USB Loader GX on my actual Wii (which I have since sold), that I didn't want to go through the nightmare of trying to figure out again. I do have WiiFlow, which allows me to use my SD card to play games off of and works for the most part, except that games like GH Van Halen, just goes to a black screen and freezes the console entirely, forcing me to unplug the system and plug it back in. It won't even turn off holding the power button for several minutes. However, the Virtual Console Van Halen works fine, with the caveat of the audio sync issue.

This issue happens at different points during any song on any of the virtual console Guitar Hero games. I haven't tried RockBand yet, but if that would be a valuable test I can do that. What this glitch does is it will stutter the audio where the notes aren't even close to where the song playing is, and makes the game unplayable. I put together a video of this, recorded through my capture card to show the issue. It works exactly the same without the capture card, and I've changed my TV and Wii U settings a bunch to try and fix this, yet nothing has worked. So it has to be something with the VC inject or some sort of software thing that should be able to be fixed. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to diagnose this better, I really want to get to the bottom of this so I can continue enjoying these games that I have been so eager to play :)

Here's the video link:

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
These kind of games will not work correctly, because they require a specific (v)Wii cIOS to load these games. Something that injects can't do. Only way to play these games without problem is on (v)Wii using a backup loader.

HondaBoy619

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These kind of games will not work correctly, because they require a specific (v)Wii cIOS to load these games. Something that injects can't do. Only way to play these games without problem is on (v)Wii using a backup loader.
Thanks for the reply! I have been trying to get this to work forever. It does the same thing with WiiFlow inside of the VWii. I’m wondering if I have something screwed up with my cIOS. But I’ve got the standard 56 on 249, 57 on 250 and 58 on 251. Ideas?

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Besides your HDD works correctly with all the other games in Wiiflow. Guitar Hero games need game cios 56 or 57, but they are problematic how you see here:
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Wii_cIOS_base_Compatibility_List

You didnt wrote your setup.
Be sure the drive (MBR, fat32) works fine, try this setups:
- If your using a cios with d2x (only use v10 beta 52) as loader cios, the hdd need to be in port 0 (wiiu back upper).
- If u use ios 58 as loader ios the hdd should be in port 1 (back lower).
- I would recommend USB loader gx 1272 or the 1272 mod7.
- Then try the both loader cios 56/57

But i dont have a final answer for this games, so its just a try and error.

Last edited by Sypherone,

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There seems to be a working setup, but your drive seems to be need compatible with d2x patch.
A) Guitar Hero 5: put the USB drive on port0, select the cIOS with base 56, which is the only working for it.

B) On port1, it only works with d2x cIOS r53, which is unstable and not compatible with many games.
Source: https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx-japanese-vc-games-and-guitar-hero-5.561308/post-8995007

C) Related to a testing thread and the post #14, loader cios 58 with game cios base 56 should work for almost all Rockband games.
source cant be insert because blacklisted

Last edited by Sypherone,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-