VC games won't work, neither does Undercover ... Help ?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Distrance, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Distrance
    OP

Member Distrance GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    [​IMG] well... I downloaded some games, to mention a few : Donkey Kong Country 1-3, Chrono Trigger and some others. I installed them fine through WAD Manager, but when I launch the game, it gets stuck on black screen and it freezes. Controller turns off and I have to force shutdown Wii by holding the power button on the console for quite a while..

Is there something I'm missing.. a patch to wad files... an IOS or something else perhaps ? This also happens with some WiiWare games...

And with Doctor Mario Online the game just boots the Wii when I launch it... I don't have Wi-Fi but I don't think that matters wether the game can boot or not ? I'm using 3.2E.

Also if anyone knows.. how do I get to play NFS: Undercover ? I get some weird error in blue screen when I launch it through Gamma backup Loader. I was in impression I needed some kind of an IOS but if I install that, will it affect my current IOS'es and hacks ?

Any help would be great ;d

2. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    Your installing wads of a "different region" therefore you get a blank screen and it crashes.

Also NFSU cannot be played via softmods!!!!!!! ............yet even with chips allot of people have problems!

3. Distrance
    OP

Finland
    Yea but if I play NTSC wad it should give me error '' This channel can not be played '' and return to Wii Menu / Crash ... But there's no error. Plus, I used Freethewads to make them region free, but Donkey Kong still won't work :/. Does PAL version of Donkey Kong Country 1-3 and Chrono Trigger even exist ? o.o ..

Well I guess I could play them through emulator on Wii aswell, but I could do that on my computer anyway :< ...

4. bowser

Member bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

India
    I read somewhere that Freethewads works well for N64 games and not for the others. Maybe you can try making your wads PAL region instead of region free.

5. Distrance
    OP

Finland
    I would, if I could. But Freethewads doesn't work properly on me. With the program you supposedly can turn them into region free OR PAL... But if I click Freethewads.exe .. the dos window pops up and disappears immediately..

If I do : Run => Cmd => C:\Freethewads.exe .. it still disappears. If I do what was suggested : Run => cmd => C:\Freethewads.exe Donkey Kong Country ( or any other game .. ) ... it gives me some kind of error. So all I can do is drag and drop wad files into Freethewads, and it will patch them to regionfree, but nothing else.

Anyway I managed to download a torrent with some PAL VC games, but not all ... I want Chrono Trigger goddamnit >=O.

Also.. Doctor Mario still doesn't work. I downloaded PAL version so patching wasn't needed.. Wii still boots itself :S

Finally
    .. Something really weird happened which nearly gave me heartattack. I was using WADManager and I tried to install some VC game, and it gave me error. I usually try to delete the game I tried to install if it gives error, just in case.. but it gave error then too. I ignored it and installed some another game. When I pressed home to boot and get to Wii Menu... it took me to screen with lower right corner saying 3.2E ... The screen I should get when pushing Y on my GC Controller to launch the rescue menu. ... Wtf was up with that ? Thank god it still booted up normally after i forcefully shut it down :S

6. Tall Alien

Banned Tall Alien Banned

United States
    the real question is how the hell did you get wad manager to work?

7. Distrance
    OP

Finland

I'm not quite sure I'm following you... WADManager is included with the Gamma package isn't it ? How the hell would anyone manage to install wad's in the first place without the manager ? o.o

8. Neoncandy

Newcomer Neoncandy Newbie

Australia
    yup same prob here too with exact same setup. atleast I know not to try NFS undercover now hehehe. just gotta stick to original PAL wads... which are pretty rare it seems