VC doesn't save on Emunand

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by TitQuentin, Mar 4, 2016.

1. TitQuentin
    OP

TitQuentin Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2015
    France
    Hy all ! I have a n3ds on sysnand 9.2 and AuReiNand v3.6.1 (emuNAND 10.3)
    I have arm9loader installed and work perfectly !

I have restore my sysnand and my emunand after flash arm9loader.

My problem : my VC Game doesn't save now on emunand!! GBA work perflectly (Golden Sun). I can play and save but in next reboot my save is not here... (but I can load my save created before flash arm9loader)

But if I start my n3ds with trigger (R) on boot, my sysnand start and i can play and save work on GBA VC game.

Anyone have a solution for fix save on emunand ?
    VC game are installed on sysnand and emunand.
    Before flash arm9loader the save work on emunand/sysnand.

Now i have two Golden Sun saves different on my n3DS (one work on sysnand and one blocked and emunand)

Thx for your help and sorry for my bad english language ;)

2. Omegadrien

Omegadrien GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 4, 2015
    France
    Pokéland
    In my case, I installed the patched gba firm in the Sysnand, and I play directly my VC GBA games on it! This way, there is no saves issues. So, don't use Emunand (if you are on emunand and you want to play GBA games quickly, launch Quick reboot cia (https://gbatemp.net/threads/homebrew-quick-reboot-cfw-gateway-ninjhax.379101/), and boot into sysnand with the method of your choice (A9HL, menuhax, etc).
    And no need to be worried about your english ^^ mine is not better

Last edited by Omegadrien, Mar 4, 2016
  3. Omegadrien

Omegadrien GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 4, 2015
    France
    Pokéland
    OK, good news! Try to use AureiNAND v3.7.2. It add "forcing of boot options on A9LH, Always prevents losing AGB_FIRM saves, forces the last used options on a MCU reboot (can be overridden with A)".
    Maybe this can resolve your problem.
    Plus, be sure the GBA game you use have the right footer (if you create your own injections).

4. ootnes2

ootnes2 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2015
    United States
    Omegadrien is right. The problem is that your VC game needs to boot back into sysnand in order to save, the new version of AuReiNand has a patch that will do just that.