Homebrew VBAGX Problem - No Sound?

ChrisTheEmpoleon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My brother is using the VBAGX Emulator to play Mother 3 and there seems to be no sound no matter what we've tried. I've tried updating the emulator, and it still has no sound. We can hear the menu music perfectly, there is just no sound in any of our games. Can someone please help?

ChrisTheEmpoleon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I mean there is no sound whatsoever. I cannot hear any in-game audio, nor any in-game sound effects. I can hear the menu music for VBAGX just fine, but thats it.

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay i have a few things for you to try.
First off i have version2.1.2 and when i open it up it gives me the option of a "settings" tab. after that i click the "menu" tab and there should be music volume and sound effects volume which should be adjustable. I don't think this is your problem because the music volume affects the menu too.

My next idea is that the game just doesn't work 100 percent with the emulator. If I'm not mistaken mother 3 is japanese so you probably patched it to english. Maybe the patch has something to do with it. A lot of games don't work perfectly. What other games have you tried? I know for sure that Golden Sun's sound works so you may want to try that.

Finally if none of that works you may want to go online and find an older version (mine is 2.1.2). I think for a while, something was wrong with the version you would download when the old version prompted you to download. You may want to download it the newest one directly from the homebrew browser.

Good luck. i wish i could help more.

ChrisTheEmpoleon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks.

1.) I tried the Settings tab, and it changed the volume of the menu music. This isn't my problem, but thank you nonetheless.

2.) I have actually gone through and tested a bunch of games that previously worked with the emulator, for instance Mega Man Battle Network 6: Cybeast Falzar, but like Mother 3, they have no sound as well.

3.) I deleted my old version (2.0.8) and downloaded the newest one (2.2.2) from WiiBrew. The sound still does not work, although the ROMs are still playable. I took the SAV from the SD card and tried it out with VBA on my laptop, and it opened fine, with music as well. I'll try 2.1.2 and hopefully it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1