VBA GX question

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by TyBlood13, Oct 1, 2012.

Oct 1, 2012

VBA GX question by TyBlood13 at 4:28 AM (448 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. TyBlood13
    OP

Member TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

United States
    With all the different control options available for VBA GX, one might not have much to complain about, but I would like to know if I can use my gba as a controller for the emulator (and maybe FCE Ultra GX, too, but beside the point), Game Boy Player style with a link cable in the first gamecube controller port. I know that this and the GB player arent much alike, but I'm really wanting to play some GB/C/A games with that more "authentic" feel while I wait for my Super Card MiniSD to arrive.

2. CheatFreak47

Member CheatFreak47 Complex Donut

United States
    Not possible without a modded GBA. Code sent to the GBA has to be signed properly for the GBA to accept it. And even then, a gba program would need to be built to proform the required tasks for the wii homebrew application, which would be damn near impossible

3. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Presumably said program already exists, correctly signed, on the Game Boy Player disc. You'd just need the user to provide that, then have something on the Wii side to interpret the messages coming from the GBA. Seems like it'd be far from "damn near impossible".