VBA GX question

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by TyBlood13, Oct 1, 2012.

1. TyBlood13
    OP

TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

Jul 1, 2012
    United States
    Kentucky
    With all the different control options available for VBA GX, one might not have much to complain about, but I would like to know if I can use my gba as a controller for the emulator (and maybe FCE Ultra GX, too, but beside the point), Game Boy Player style with a link cable in the first gamecube controller port. I know that this and the GB player arent much alike, but I'm really wanting to play some GB/C/A games with that more "authentic" feel while I wait for my Super Card MiniSD to arrive.

2. CheatFreak47

CheatFreak47 Complex Donut

Oct 11, 2011
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    Not possible without a modded GBA. Code sent to the GBA has to be signed properly for the GBA to accept it. And even then, a gba program would need to be built to proform the required tasks for the wii homebrew application, which would be damn near impossible

3. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Aug 7, 2008
    Melbourne
    Presumably said program already exists, correctly signed, on the Game Boy Player disc. You'd just need the user to provide that, then have something on the Wii side to interpret the messages coming from the GBA. Seems like it'd be far from "damn near impossible".