VaronFi Revival Discussed in depth

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by Eritrea, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Eritrea
    OP

Eritrea Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2018
    United States
    Hello everyone, it's me Varon. I would like to discuss about the recent events of VaronFi, and on GBA.

Priority first, I abandoned my old account (varonbros) and now use this account. (As you notice by the name, I am from Eritrea, which is a country in East Africa). The old account was hacked by a user in Cardiff, Wales. Most of my accounts that used the same password got hacked, like Gmail, Nintendo, Twitter, Twitch. I've now recovered. I still am referred as Varon on Discord, twitter, YouTube, etc. Only for this platform I use a different name

Now for what's going to happen to VaronFi:

We are doing a full fledged revival of the GameSpy servers. This means that PS2 and Wii and DS are getting a revival. The problem is the lack of devs, and that most of us go to college and high school. We need people to assist us with development of our server. If we get more people to do Wii and PS2, it would help us a lot.

You only need to know:

PHP
    Analyzing packets
    Python (optional).

Common Questions:

Q: Now, what happened to VaronFi before?

A: We were popular back then. The problem was management and the lack of respect most mods had with the userbase. With financial issues added up, we thought it was best to shutdown VaronFi. The server was revived and shut down 4 times. This will be the first and last time we revive it. We won't shut it down.

Q: Are the former mods who caused chaos there?

A: No, they have left a long time ago.

Q: Is there new management.

A: Yes there is, and now it will be properly done.

Hoppy likes this.
  2. FancyNintendoGamer567

FancyNintendoGamer567 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    If only the Wii had more than 3 connections.

Eritrea and TheMrIron2 like this.
  3. Eritrea
    OP

Eritrea Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2018
    United States
    lul

4. TheThief

TheThief Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2016
    United States
    Cool. Good to have options for WiFi games. I myself use wiimmfi for all games except a couple that I use altwfc. I remember varonfi altwfc server. Is this a continuation of that or something separate?