nehe32

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi there
so yeah, this is a really great game series and is a great game on DS
i've looked around and currently havent seen a release date for US/PAL and was wondering if anyone would be wanting to help translate the game alongside me and possibly someone i know. It will be quite a big project but first we will start off by translating menus etc

ive been apart of projects before - namly the fire emblem DS translation which i had helped significantly in.

If i get no response i will do this individually, possibly releasing it to the public - but mainly doing it for fun

if you have any experience with previous titles (i dont, but i have friends who love the games) your help would be greatly appreciated as a lot of the names etc cannot just simply be translated as they need correct spelling etc

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Not sure when, but I'm pretty sure it's coming to NA. You could always start translating just for the heck of it, but I'm not sure if it's worth it... unless you're very impatient.

GrayFox2510

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I could probably help with simple stuff. Namely, names and stuff like that. Could probably help with items as well, seeing how they are basically the same to the first VP.
But my Japanese isn't good enough to take a crack at the dialogues and stuff.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
samuraibunny said:
Well, I think the fact that nehe32 translated Fire Emblem proves that he doesn't mind translating the titles even if they are going to be released in English.
That's irrelevant seeing as when the translation for Fire Emblem was started, there was no NA/EU release planned.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
xcdjy said:
War said:
samuraibunny said:
Well, I think the fact that nehe32 translated Fire Emblem proves that he doesn't mind translating the titles even if they are going to be released in English.
That's irrelevant seeing as when the translation for Fire Emblem was started, there was so NA/EU release planned.

You just pwned that poor person
jokerlol.gif

Anyway, I dislike the look of this game. Um. Yeah, that's it. Anyone know what Valkyrie is or means?
Here read, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valkyrie
lots of interesting stuff.

choji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do work when you can have work done for you is the mindset of many people around the world.

Cronorei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't actually translate, but I am very familiar with the VP series and there are major differences with the translated names compared to the Japanese names many times, and these changes were kept in VP2 so it's safe to assume tri-Ace is planning to keep those names as they are in future VP game localizations.

I've played VP1 upwards of 10 times over the years, and I've played through VP2 twice. It would be more but my PS2 has stopped reading it and 90% of the other games I own. As for whether or not it's coming out in English, I'm sure it's a safe bet since tri-Ace gained popularity in the states after SO3 and their only games that were never released over here were Star Ocean 1 on snes and Star Ocean Blue Sphere for the GBC, not counting games when they were Team Wolf at least.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Law said:
War said:
xcdjy said:
Anyone know what Valkyrie is or means?

They are like...angels of war or something.

Maidens of Odin who chose heroes that was slain in battle and conducted them to Valhalla. I don't know why people can't just use google, though.
fix'd
tongue.gif

Well, just off topic, ignore this post

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raestloz said:
Law said:
Maidens of Odin who chose heroes that were slain in battle and conducted them to Valhalla. I don't know why people can't just use google, though.
fix'd
tongue.gif
fix'd
tongue.gif

...and Wikipedia says you're wrong anyway
tongue.gif

“Odin sends the valkyries to every battle. They allot death to men and govern victory. Gunnr and Róta two valkyries and the youngest norn, called Skuld, always ride to choose who shall be slain and to govern the killings”

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
DarthNemesis said:
Raestloz said:
Law said:
Maidens of Odin who chose heroes that were slain in battle and conducted them to Valhalla. I don't know why people can't just use google, though.
fix'd
tongue.gif
fix'd
tongue.gif

...and Wikipedia says you're wrong anyway
tongue.gif

“Odin sends the valkyries to every battle. They allot death to men and govern victory. Gunnr and Róta two valkyries and the youngest norn, called Skuld, always ride to choose who shall be slain and to govern the killings”

I just copypasted a google definition.

Hear that, kids? Google ain't always right.

nehe32

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
lol on topic though, it appears someone found a .cpk extractor. so if all goes well, i might have some progress by next weekend or earlier (school finishs for the year on wednesday woot!) so yeah

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.