Gaming Valkyria Chronicles 4+1 Switch, Graphics

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg Im a huge fan of the Valkyria Chronicles series, I ve always loved cell-shaded games from the beginning and the tactics, story, gameplays, music everything for this series I admire very highly. I bought the first one for ps3 alongside all the dlc, the second one for psp along with the dlc, was disappointed when the 3rd wasnt ported... and when the remaster came for ps4 bought that one too. As Ive gotten older Ive converted to a more handheld player and with the release of Valkyria Chronicles 4 for switch I too obviously ordered it... Now I havent played the first or second one since it released a long time around 2009-2011 and i remembered there was a report that the first one was coming for switch too for $20, $15 if you own VC4 great price! Naturally I logged into the eshop and now its mine but... IVE TAKEN DIRECT PICTURES WITH THE SWITCH. BOTH GAMES OUTPUT TO 720P SO BOTH GAMES RUN AT 720P IN BOTH HANDHELD AND TV MODE.

VC1
going from a few chapters in VC4 then going back to VC1 in handheld mode theres a HUGE difference, I thought my eyes were tired or there was grease or something on my screen becuase VC4 looks amazing and VC1 looks like trash. There is no "crispness" to VC1 and it has that fuzzy-blurry port look and feel to it in handheld mode and it makes my eyes feel wonky. This is very disappointing to me because i set my expectations too high and thought i would be playing a graphically crisp game on my switch handheld and thats just not the case. It also ISNT very good in TV mode either, it has better antialiasing but it looks WORSE than the ps3 tv mode(from what i remember, i didnt feel like taking pictures of the two games, although i should have). The cutscenes are blurry in tv mode but fine in handheld. from What i understand it runs in 720p in tv mode as well, same as PS3

tv mode, blurry cutscene
1.jpg

TV MODE BLURRY AS WELL
2.jpg

TV MODE, DIALOGUE SCENE, LOOKS GOOD
3.jpg

HANDHELD MODE, DIALOGUE SCENE, IS VERY BLURRY ON ACTUAL SWITCH
4.jpg

TV, BATTLE, BLURRY ON TV
5.jpg

handheld, battle, looks good in handheld
6.jpg

VC4
this game is the exact opposite to VC1, its blurry and fuzzy in TV mode but very very crisp in Handheld mode.

tv mode, cutscene, looks good in both versions
7.jpg

tv mode, diALOGUE SCENE, LOOKS GOOD
8.jpg

HANDHELD, DIALOGUE SCENE, AMAZING IN HANDHELD
9.jpg

TV, BATTLE, BLURRY ON TV
10.jpg

HANDHELD, BATTLE, AMAZING ON HANDHELD.

11.jpg

the differences seem little but playing VC1 for switch is purely for the handheld experience, this game on a ''graphical'' scale is very disappointing on the switch in comparison to ps4 and PC.
VC4 is excellent in handheld mode but it looks blown up and blurry when you put it in the dock. Great handheld game.
BOTH GAMES RUN AT 720P SO WHEN PLAYING IN DOCK THE IMAGE GETS STRETCHED AND BECOMES VERY BLURRY LIKE SO...

VALKYIA CHRONICLES 4 , TV-MODE, BATTLE, LOOKS BLURRY IN 1080 (EDITED:STRETCHED FROM 720 TO 1080)
12.jpg

VALKYRIA CHRONICLES 1, TV MODE, BATTLE, LOOKS DECENT IN 1080 (EDITED:STRETCHED FROM 720 TO 1080)
13.jpg

if you enjoy tv mode games you shouldnt buy this for SWITCH. if ever there was a need for ''cross-platform saves''(ala fortnite) i believe these games needed it

Last edited by gameboy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?