Hacking Valkyria Chronicles 3 group status question

Rasen1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I suspect I may be the last person still thinking about them, but does anyone know what the official status of the group is?

I know they did all of the main game, but I remember they were still planning on doing some stuff, before they stopped updating entirely.

Does anyone know if the group has officially stopped, or if RL is just getting in the way for now and there is hope for future updates/work?

Rasen1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I figure 200 views makes a decent enough point at which to bump the thread in hopes that someone from the group or who knows the group might see this and have an answer. Hope springs eternal after all!

john032194

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i think it's on hiatus, they finished translating the main story and i dunno if they wanna continue on with the dlc, pretty much of the game is translated with only a few bugs to boot, dunno too if they will fix it.

Rasen1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't be surprised if they were on hiatus, or if they've lost interest, but judging by their webpage, they at least intended to do everything including the DLC, so....so they wanted to at one point.

Rasen1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's been two months since the last post, so I figure that's a reasonable amount of time between thread bumps to still show that someone still cares about this (just me apparently, but still!)

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Considering there hasn't been an update on their Wordpress page in over a year, it's probably safe to say that the project has been abandoned at this point.

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's really sad nobody stepped in to finish it
Many plot-critical elements such as story side missions and DLC are not translated, newspapers aren't translated either.
And what's already translated suffers from some serious low quality issues, especially later in the game.
It's honestly a very unfinished translation and in many ways poor.

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did they release their tools and sources? If so, anyone could go back and create an alternate or better version.
I don't think they did, though.

Rasen1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's really sad nobody stepped in to finish it
Many plot-critical elements such as story side missions and DLC are not translated, newspapers aren't translated either.
And what's already translated suffers from some serious low quality issues, especially later in the game.
It's honestly a very unfinished translation and in many ways poor.

Wow, that's sounds pretty harsh. I can only judge from the released screenshots (which means I basically know nothing), but I thought they had done a very good job.

Scorp

Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Did they release their tools and sources? If so, anyone could go back and create an alternate or better version.
I don't think they did, though.
I do not think that they did, but it is not really hard. All in CPK file (so no problem to extract/repack), file format is described here: http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=9336&sid=4ce504841a801b427be03aac548a66a1&start=15 and tool to edit MXE could be found here https://github.com/dhavard/ValkyrieEdit (obv some more opcodes should be added to support VP3).

So as usual problem is more related to dedicated translators, not to tech stuff.

Last edited by Scorp,
Reactions: flame1234

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn