Hacking Translation Valhalla Knights 3 fan Translation Patch?

Ashleyallen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there GBAtemp, I recently picked up my VITA again, and found one of my favorite games actually got an update that fixed all of it's issues, but it was never localized in English.

Valhalla Knights 3 Gold, it's a really fun game, but without the Gold version it's a slog to play.
I have the NPDRM version but can't figure out where the text files might be, it looks like they are base text in game and not textures that need to be edited for a simple item and location patch, not to worried about the story text unless it could be put through google translate.

I am wondering if anyone would like to take on this project or help me with it, it's not a well known game so it's rather niche, and hard to find any information on it. but there are a few that would enjoy being able to finally play this game.
I figured a simple google translate patch would be good enough to get someone through the game.

I don't know what files i should be looking at though there are .nut .xbb and .ana? any information or if someone would like to help me I would be very grateful.

Play Asia Link

Reactions: Eleganto

Youffie

DrBrunette
Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
Mexico
it feel like nobody wants to translate the 122 additional dialogues and convert the ones from VK3 to VK3G.
I tried once to convert them but it just a crash fest when you replace the JP file with ENG ones . . .
I hope one day someone talented will take a look at it !

Yarott

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's sad to see this still being put off on the wayside of history. I hope someone is willing to attempt something "basic" enough for it, at least.

Youffie

DrBrunette
Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
Mexico
It's sad to see this still being put off on the wayside of history. I hope someone is willing to attempt something "basic" enough for it, at least.
As far as i can see the problem is that they encripted the files diferently and in other path/folder.
Because if you try to change the files with the same name (same size and everthing) from VK3 english to VK3G the game directly crash... meaning they use another version for decompression of files and data...

• Sad
Reactions: Yarott and Eleganto

Youffie

DrBrunette
Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
Mexico
anyone working on an eng patch??
Like it's been said numerous times, Sadly, NO ! Nobody.

the problem isn't the translation, that´s easy, even I can do that. Problem is decriting dialogue files and replacing text bubble size, if you try to fit in engish text and it´s a little longer then the conversation bubble size, game immediately crash. . .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol