Hacking UStealth - Wii U 'Format Disk' Nag workaround :)

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Made a quick icon in the mean time :P

Edit: made a white background, cause it was kinda hard to see in HBC.

Attachments

• icon.png
    icon.png
    410 bytes · Views: 376

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think it was meant to be used.

Onion_Knight:
I didn't test your homebrew yet, but I'm wondering:
Does it use AHBPROT and IOS58?

If there are two drives connected to USB, IOS58 always use Port1 instead of Port0.
It's not a problem for users with a Y-cable, but maybe some users with two external powered drives could encounter problems if they can't select which drive to hide.

if you use cIOS 10-alt, you can decide which port to use, but it won't work for users without the alt version or even without any cIOS who only want homebrew without USBloaders.
I think IOS58 is better, but maybe inform the users that it will affect only one drive with priority to port1.

Anyway, thanks for releasing it.
(sources would be great too ;))

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
I think it was meant to be used.

Onion_Knight:
I didn't test your homebrew yet, but I'm wondering:
Does it use AHBPROT and IOS58?

If there are two drives connected to USB, IOS58 always use Port1 instead of Port0.
It's not a problem for users with a Y-cable, but maybe some users with two external powered drives could encounter problems if they can't select which drive to hide.

if you use cIOS 10-alt, you can decide which port to use, but it won't work for users without the alt version or even without any cIOS who only want homebrew without USBloaders.
I think IOS58 is better, but maybe inform the users that it will affect only one drive with priority to port1.

Anyway, thanks for releasing it.
(sources would be great too ;))

Honestly, I didn't try it with two Hard drives as I use a Y cable. It won't work for a second hard drive as I only call USBStorage_Open on the first USB Mass storage device found from USB_GetDeviceList. I've already heavily modified the source code for this as it was mostly done as a learning tool for me. I've only had my wiiU hacked for less than a month and downloaded DevKitPro about three weeks ago.

xellspooun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi, there. :)

I am stuck. I have the forwader of USB LOADER GX from here and I need a step-by-step guide on what to do next in order to use U-Stealth. I have marked the hdd containing my wii game-backups as HIDDEN but USB LOADER GX does not recognize it.

Keep in mind that the two .wad files of USB LOADER GX in links of the original post gave me black screens when I tried to enter the channel in vWii, so I returned back to the .wad of the other topic which works just fine with my vWii.

So, any ideas?

xellspooun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I added stealth HDD support not long ago.
update USBLoaderGX (not from the internal update menu, but manually).

Download r1218, extract boot.dol located in /IOS249/ folder, and place it in your SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/ folder (replace the old one).

Yeap, that did the trick.

Thank you so much :)

Reactions: jayjay123

KentaZX

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I just installed homebrew channel on my vwii no problem, but theres one thing i'm wondering still...

you see i have my harddrive that i use for Wii backups, gamecube, and ps3 backups. if i tried to use this app, will it make it unable to load on the ps3 or the regular wii anymore? or it doesnt change much to the harddrive? This is what im a bit hesistant on continuing right now.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just installed homebrew channel on my vwii no problem, but theres one thing i'm wondering still...

you see i have my harddrive that i use for Wii backups, gamecube, and ps3 backups. if i tried to use this app, will it make it unable to load on the ps3 or the regular wii anymore? or it doesnt change much to the harddrive? This is what im a bit hesistant on continuing right now.

Another alternative method would be to hold B while the Wii U boots up and bypasses the Wii U menu; not the best solution, but it's a solution that will let your HDD show up on your PS3 and regular Wii.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh really thats it? alright then ill just do that.

As long as the Wii U is on system 4.0.0 or above, then yeah, holding B during the boot up process should go straight to the vWii/Wii Mode, you'll see a little message that says "starting Wii menu" on the game pad:P

Just don't go back to the Wii U menu from Wii Mode, otherwise, it will prompt the HDD to be formatted.

KentaZX

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As long as the Wii U is on system 4.0.0 or above, then yeah, holding B during the boot up process should go straight to the vWii/Wii Mode, you'll see a little message that says "starting Wii menu" on the game pad :P

Oh nice! i just hacked it today! and since youre on here might as well ask you this:

1. can I use wads on the wii u if they worked on the wii perfectly? as in install them as normal? or do i need to edit the wads now?

2. whats the latest CFG usbloader that works on the vwii? (or is the same thing itself works on both no problem?)

3. does hermes 222 and 223 work on the wii U yet or no?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh nice! i just hacked it today! and since youre on here might as well ask you this:

1. can I use wads on the wii u if they worked on the wii perfectly? as in install them as normal? or do i need to edit the wads now?

2. whats the latest CFG usbloader that works on the vwii? (or is the same thing itself works on both no problem?)

3. does hermes 222 and 223 work on the wii U yet or no?

Just so I don't accidentally misguide or say something off, I'd recommend reading these threads on what vWii can and can't do :P

http://gbatemp.net/threads/basic-dos-and-do-nots-of-vwii-modding.339337/
http://gbatemp.net/threads/hacking-the-wiiu-a-simple-progress-guide.338900/

KentaZX

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just so I don't accidentally misguide or say something off, I'd recommend reading these threads on what vWii can and can't do :P

http://gbatemp.net/threads/basic-dos-and-do-nots-of-vwii-modding.339337/
http://gbatemp.net/threads/hacking-the-wiiu-a-simple-progress-guide.338900/

I read these two already, but it doesn't exactly answer my questions, because you see im a little behind on what happened very recently in the Vwii area so idk whats going on regarding hermes 222 and 223, yes i heard they dont work before, but what about now?

EDIT: okay i tried putting in usbloader gx, it worked. cheats too. okay pretty much got everything needed except the homebrew browser...tried it before and it got dsi stack dump error....I'm guessing it doesnt work on the wii u or the one i used is just outdated?

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an issue. If I boot up the vwii with my "hidden" usb device attached I get the message "The system Files are corrupted. Please refer to the oppperations manual for help trouble shooting". If I unplug the hdd and reload vwii, all is good. Any ideas?

This was done with Ustealth v7 on a windows 8.1 machine.

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
I have an issue. If I boot up the vwii with my "hidden" usb device attached I get the message "The system Files are corrupted. Please refer to the oppperations manual for help trouble shooting". If I unplug the hdd and reload vwii, all is good. Any ideas?

"unhide" the hard drive and plug it back in, launch vwii and hbc and see if it says that. You can use the .dol I created to "hide" the drive from within HBC. Ustealth can still see and unhide it as well.

jayjay123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Are you using any particular USB port on the WiiU?

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
Update: after some testing, it seems that this "corruption" is happening intermittently regardless, I think that Ustealth being the reason I found this is just a coincidence. I guess I may have to reinstall the wads from a backup I have made with FS-toolbox (by compiling the wads with "ShowMiiWads_Mod_v1.0_beta"). Or would it be better to find the wads elsewhere just encase my backup contains the corrupted files?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup