USPS International Parcel Misrouted

Kiaku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I ordered a DSi XL on ebay, and it's a priority international parcel. On August 6th, it was misrouted, and it's only one city away from mine. It's been three days since then, and there hasn't been any updates on my package. I called USPS customer service today to ask the whereabouts of my package, and the person just looked up the tracking # I gave him and just spatted out what I already knew: "It's misrouted, error corrected..."

So I asked if it's still going to deliver to me, and he said "Yeah". So I'm wondering if that "Yeah" means the person behind that phone will get up, talk to his superior about this, and connect to the facility that has my package laying there waiting to be sent since three days ago. Is this normal for priority mails? It's only ONE city away from me! I might as well go to that facility and pick it up myself! But I'm not even sure if it's still there.

MFDC12

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
misrouting usually is done because of an error in zip code sorting or for some reason it slipped through the cracks and went on the wrong truck
you'll get it in the next week or so, I've had several packages do that

Reactions: 2 people

Kiaku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay! They finally updated my package's status! It's being processed again in the same facility, so I guess they were just leaving my parcel there for three days -_-
And here I thought priority mails get more attention, but I guess it makes no difference when mailing is just mailing.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Yay! They finally updated my package's status! It's being processed again in the same facility, so I guess they were just leaving my parcel there for three days -_-
And here I thought priority mails get more attention, but I guess it makes no difference when mailing is just mailing.
I normally get a priority mailing in about two days, regardless of where it ships from within the country. When it's misrouted though, it probably has to wait until they can add it to somebody's truck without totally screwing up their route, thus the extra days waited. At that point, it doesn't matter if you even paid for one day shipping: somebody messed up, somewhere down the line, and it takes time to sort it all out.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This happened to me on couple of occasions with Parcelforce (EMS equivalent).

Once my parcel got sent to US.. thats like on the other end of the world -.-
Another time it was sent to Manchester and took a week extra to get back.

With DHL, at the end they coudnt even locate the item anymore. Got replacement of "phone" after nearly 2 months :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over