Using the wifi connection without having a routeur ?

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by Ben_j, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Ben_j
    OP

Ben_j GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 13, 2005
    France
    I'd like to use a DS homebrew that needs wifi to work, without having a wifi routeur. More specifically : a midi controller, and I'd like to use it with my laptop for live sets. Is there a way to use just an usb wifi dongle, or better : just use the internal wifi card of my laptop ?

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
  3. Ben_j
    OP

Nov 13, 2005
    France
    I'm not sure I understood what you said [​IMG] (I'm not sure you wrote it well either [​IMG])

The app I'm using is the midi controller I'm working on : http://midicontrolds.blogspot.com

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    I was thinking about one of these:

[​IMG]

I have run half decent guitar amps and speakers from the DS using one of those.

I probably could have written that sentence more clearly as well.

Perhaps something like
    I am familiar with the various audio apps for the DS as my friend was interested so I got to know them- this includes the wifi using ones.
    Before getting invested in the one app can I instead suggest trying to use a an audio cable (pictured above) or trying another app that can do midi all on the DS (something like http://meraman.dip.jp/index.php?NDS_BGMFILER ).

5. Ben_j
    OP

Nov 13, 2005
    France
    oh, ok. But I'm using only the DS as a controller, no audio is coming from it.

6. blainy

blainy GBAtemp Fan

Nov 1, 2008
    australia
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice