Hacking Using SD card and games on it on two systems

killmak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just picked up a second 3ds today for cheap and set luma up on it. I am wondering if there is any way to make it so I can use the SD card and games I already have from my other system on this system. I have 4 kids and 4 SD cards so they don't overwrite each others save files and it would be nice if I could set it up so both systems can use all the SD cards. Any help, ideas or just a no can't be done would be greatly appreciated.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can't be done.

You can use the same sd card on multiple systems but they will not share game data so the game will have to be installed again for every console, which will take a lot of storage space.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just picked up a second 3ds today for cheap and set luma up on it. I am wondering if there is any way to make it so I can use the SD card and games I already have from my other system on this system. I have 4 kids and 4 SD cards so they don't overwrite each others save files and it would be nice if I could set it up so both systems can use all the SD cards. Any help, ideas or just a no can't be done would be greatly appreciated.
It CAN be done, and I have one SD going across 4 of my consoles.
Make a Nand backup on the one you want to duplicate, and system transfer to the new one, then restore the nand backup on the old one. You will need to reinstall tickets for non-legit games, but after that the SD card will work in both systems

killmak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It CAN be done, and I have one SD going across 4 of my consoles.
Make a Nand backup on the one you want to duplicate, and system transfer to the new one, then restore the nand backup on the old one. You will need to reinstall tickets for non-legit games, but after that the SD card will work in both systems

Thank you for this. I restored the nand after doing the system transfer and can play the games on the old system which is awesome. Now I just need to figure out how to get it working on the new system. I am looking into how to reinstall tickets now. Thank you very much for the help.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for this. I restored the nand after doing the system transfer and can play the games on the old system which is awesome. Now I just need to figure out how to get it working on the new system. I am looking into how to reinstall tickets now. Thank you very much for the help.
you can re-install the same cia, or if you have ciAngel, there's an option to install only the ticket (unless someone else knows an easier way)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Don't let them play online like this, because they will be banned from online services.

Reactions: Sketchy1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: There is an actual trailer with footage too. lol. Going to watch it tonight. Grabbed it from...