Hacking Using save files between EU and NA 3DS

Snimaster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered a new 3ds from EU (the smaller one) to use in the USA. I also plan on buying a NA 3ds xl so I can continue to use all my eShop software. I am not sure if sky3ds or gateway 3ds are the answer but I am open to buying them. My goal is to be able to play a game like majoras mask on both consoles. While this is possible, is it possible to have the save data work on both the EU 3ds and the NA 3ds?

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as the rom matches the save file you should be able to move the saves to the other 3DS SD card while using a gateway.

Oswarlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Without any form of decryption of save files, the rom must be the same as the save file, in most cases, assuming using roms. If using retail carts, region locking.

nine0nine

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
For this, I think you would have to run the same emunand version on both and one as if its a clone of the other, I guess if you installed everything on both 3DS exactly the same, with the same emunand (assuming gateway get that hacked on the N3DS), then I would imagine you could just swap out the 3ds SD card to the other 3DS but I dont know if the region difference would stop that.

Do both the N3DS and N3DS XL use the same small SD cards?

I think, in reality this may be more hassle than its worth.

That is, assuming you want to run the game as an eshop style game from the homescreen, it would be much easier to run the rom from the gateway card and then you'd just need to make sure you swap the system sd card over as thats where gateway stores its saves.

Snimaster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For this, I think you would have to run the same emunand version on both and one as if its a clone of the other, I guess if you installed everything on both 3DS exactly the same, with the same emunand (assuming gateway get that hacked on the N3DS), then I would imagine you could just swap out the 3ds SD card to the other 3DS but I dont know if the region difference would stop that.

Do both the N3DS and N3DS XL use the same small SD cards?

I think, in reality this may be more hassle than its worth.

That is, assuming you want to run the game as an eshop style game from the homescreen, it would be much easier to run the rom from the gateway card and then you'd just need to make sure you swap the system sd card over as thats where gateway stores its saves.

Ya, the whole idea is that i want to be able to play games on the bigger 3ds xl while at home, and while i am traveling take the smaller one with me.

Both would have the smaller SD card. Is there no way to have the save file saved to the cart like a standard 3ds game. Like you said the main barrier for me is the different region 3ds

nine0nine

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
As far as i know, the default for gateway is to save to the 3DS SD, so theres no easy option, The region thing isnt an issue as the gateway is region free.

To be honest, Once you have used an XL for a while I don't think you'll be bothered by the additional size/weight enough to keep swapping. I have one of each (3DS) and I find the standard sized one almost impossible to go back to after the luxury of big screens.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cannot move an emunand between two different consoles. Emunand is a clone of sysnand and is console specific. That would be the equivalent of loading a NAND backup on another console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte