Using same loaded external drive on different systems (tiramisu)

LDigital

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I have 2 systems

Original NSMB 32Bundle (Toshiba)
Windwaker (Hynix)

Original was my legit eshop machine linked to my NNID. It was clean until only yesterday as I needed to find out its memory - it now has tiramisu
Windwaker was supposed to be my forever machine to hold a big 1TB archive in case the legit machine dies - this has tiramisu

After only just hearing about the issues on the hynix systems. I exploited my original machine to see that it is a toshiba.

The problem I now have is that even with both machines on the same version of tiramisu, if I move the Windwaker SSD to my Original unit, it does not see the drive or the games. It seems to be specifically locked to the system they were installed through.

I thought CFW would see around this issue but does not

What are my best options for using the same 1tb SSD and data without having format to the original machine and redownload everything again?

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't think there is a way for that at the moment. They use diffrent encryption keys for the hdd, stored in the seeprom.
Theoretically it should be possible to write the key from one console to the seeprom of the other and as far as I know there is no tool at the moment to do this. And even if this was done, I believe the IV for the encryption is calculated from some other console specific data, maybe in the otp (I don't remember exactly and I might be wrong). So it probably would require an IOSU patch.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think there is a way for that at the moment. They use diffrent encryption keys for the hdd, stored in the seeprom.
Theoretically it should be possible to write the key from one console to the seeprom of the other and as far as I know there is no tool at the moment to do this. And even if this was done, I believe the IV for the encryption is calculated from some other console specific data, maybe in the otp (I don't remember exactly and I might be wrong). So it probably would require an IOSU patch.
You're right. Hdd uses otp and seeprom. I'd suggest dumping the games with dumpster u or just redownload them, which would probably be easier.

Reactions: LDigital

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over