Hacking using recovery mode to save banner brickin'!

LEOMODE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello i'll be greatly appreciated if you can share my problem.

here is my spec of the system

US wii
not modded
3.2U
twilight hack installed
starfall not installed
have gc controller for recovery mode
have freeloader US
have genuine zelda tp
have genuine super mario galaxy (3.1)

well right now it's banner bricked (using anyregionchanger language settings to korean)

so basically i just need to get into the anyregionchanger somehow but i heard that the only ways are (modchip) or (disc drive which is modded)

but i was wondering if other method could be possible without voiding my warranty

well right now i can get into the recovery mode (3.2U on the bottom right of the screen) but inserting mario galaxy didnt help (because someone said any update disc will overwrite the current firmware on my wii) but didnt work. also zelda tp isn't autobooting either...(which is the feature of a starfall, autobooting the inserted disc)

so i was wondering if there is any way that i can use freeloader and then make the autoboot disc work on it? (such as anyregionchanger or zelda autoboot) or does it still have to be a genuine copy only? (such as animal crossing with 3.3) or is it possible that updating to 3.3 with animal crossing won't work because of the settings.txt or something ( i heard it from someone that even if i update, inside settings is still korean so it'll still be bricked)

any comments will be appreciated, thanks

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it a Banner Brick by a Bad Wad installtion or is it semi bricked? not following you

IF its a True Banner Brick you will need to Mod-Chip your Wii and run the Zelda Autoboot.iso nothing else will save your Ass Savemii\Savemiifrii all that crap doesn't work without a Mod-chip if its a banner brick

If its Semi Bricked, just boot it to recovery mode, and stick in Wii Music or Animal Crossing or Need for Speed any wii game that has a 3.3 update on it will work,

LEOMODE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
not a bad wad installation, just changed the language setting to korean in anyregionchanger like stated above, then i couldnt go pass the warning screen.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then all you need is a game that has a 3.3 and stick it in when your on the recovery mode, leave the disc for about 10min or so, so it can update i dont think it lets you know when its done, so leave it in for awhile, By the way you have a Strange Brick, i didn't think you could brick just by doing that. Well Guess i know now,

Also i'm not 100% sure updating will help it, i'm not sure if update changes your settings or not?
AnyBody??

if that doesn't help you will need to mod-chip your wii and get Zelda Autboot

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like he mixed Console Region and System Menu Region.

Any Region Changer strikes again.

You're lucky your still under warranty. I bricked my Wii still under warranty. I called them, they emailed me a shipping label.
I boxed the Wii up and sent it out and 4 days later got Wii delivered back to me. And that was 4 day turnaround the week before christmas.

There are multiple threads on these forums that cover this problem.

Anyways.... at least you're under warranty and don't have to worry about it being a total loss.

LEOMODE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well the problem is that i'm out of the states lol and i'm not even sure if it's under 1 year yet either (because dont remember when i bought it) i just mentioned voiding warranty because
if i mod it i can't even send it to nintendo for repair at all

but like wiiblaster says, if i get an update game it'll fix it? then maybe i should get a copy of wii music or animal crossing? (well i was thinking what to do, because didnt wanna pay $60 for nothing)

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Call Nintendo and find out if it's under warranty. They are notified when the unit is sold and warranty period starts then. You don't even need a receipt or anything like that to send off for repair. If's it's under warranty it will be free. When you say your out of the states then I'm assuming you bought it in the states. So you'll have to describe your situation to them and they will probably have it shipped to nearest repair place. You might have some shipping charges though your situation being what it is.

LEOMODE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yea i gotta give them a call someday. i emailed them out of my convinience but they replied with an automated junk.

well im in japan atm and i called nintendo japan, they said it'll cost about $100 but serial number will be in japan model as well as the firmware being japan (assuming 3.4J). basically it'll transform into japan wii. and i was like nah its coo lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all