Using NDSOne as a passkey?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by VeXis, Oct 10, 2010.

Oct 10, 2010

Using NDSOne as a passkey? by VeXis at 5:20 AM (753 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. VeXis
    OP

Newcomer VeXis Member

United States
    I used to be able to hit L + B to get the NDSOne to boot to my slot 1 card which is the older supercard to play GBA games. Now I cant! I have the newest software on it and the manual online even says to hit L + B but it does nothing at all. I know its not the older supercard because when I use a friends passkey it works fine. Any ideas what I could do?

"SuperKey Hotkey L+B. Boot slot 2 GBA card, work as a SuperKey."

2. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    Why don't you just use GBAXploader to load your GBA games?

What expansion pack are you using?

Did you try reDLing the EOS files and putting them clean onto the micro SD again?

3. VeXis
    OP

Newcomer VeXis Member

United States
    Mmm didnt know what GBAXploader was. Ill try that as soon as I get home. I forgot the version I was using but I did completely backup all my stuff and reload the newest EOS files onto it fresh but only got the same result. Hitting L + X did nothing at all.

4. VeXis
    OP

Newcomer VeXis Member

United States
    Ok I feel dumb. Technically I dont need the passkey. I had to stop and think about this. The passkey is to use the slot one to play nds games. I was wanting to play a GBA game. I just took the nds one card out and selected the slot one to load and it works playing gba games! DUH! The passkey still doesnt work but I dont need it. Thanks!

5. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile
    PassKey feature enables NDS mode on GBA flashcards. Since you´re using NDSOne to play GBA Games, you don´t need it. You´ll need it when you want to play a NDS game from a GBA flashcard (must be compatible, ex EZ-FLASH IV)